close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

does changing size of slide show change all gallerys

Thread began 6/12/2010 8:00 am by jerry394338 | Last modified 8/27/2010 1:54 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2795 views | 9 replies |

jerry394338

does changing size of slide show change all gallerys

I have several gallerys on one website. All working fine. the current gallerys are full size ribbon. Now I want to create a slide show for another page. The site is shetek.org and I want to create a slide show to replace the flash movie on the home page using the same size. I added the slide show to a test page The slide show photos are way too big. I did read on how to change the size of the slide show. My question/concern is; will changing the size for the slide show change the size of all the current gallerys. The site is live and I do not want to cause any problems with the current gallerys.
Thanks

Jerry

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

Yes, if you change the gallery files it will affect all who are using it. The workaround is to copy the gallery folder, name it something else unique, and edit the <title> in the [new gallery]/admin/design.xml file. Then your admin will show a new selectable gallery in the admin choose gallery section. You can now edit your new copy and apply it to your home page gallery without affecting the other galleries you already have set up.

-justin

jerry394338

So I am understanding correctly. The galleries that I have already created are all ribbon_fullsize. So if I go into the galleries/slideshow_dissolve/ I edit line 14 of that index.php and that will only change the size of the slideshow gallery and not the other ribbon_fullsize galleries.

With that understanding I went into the admin/common/properties.php and added the size I wanted to the array. I want the slideshow photos to be 400x300. Then I went into the slideshow_dissolve/index.php and edited line 14 to that new size. 400p Then created the new slideshow in admin and uploaded some pictures. When I embed the code into the page and call it up the entire formatting is messed up. see test.php I tried both the slideshow_dissolve and blinds. same result. All the ribbon_fullsize galleries are OK.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. What step am I missing. anything in css or someplace else that I need to edit to get the correct size ?

Thanks

Jerry

Justin Nemeth

It looks like you specified 400 and not 400p on line 14, or at least that is my guess based on your test link.

jerry394338

Thanks ! that was the problem. Now I discovered one more. I created the site using •Eric Meyer's CSS Sculptor. The other galleries are on single column pages but this slide show is intended to replace the flash video on the home page. When I embed the code the entire right half of the web page and right column disappears on both the single column pages and the multi-column pages. There seems to be a conflict in css or maybe the java code for the slide show. slideshow.php is the page before embeding the code. slideshow2.php is the page with the slideshow code and slideshow3.php is the page with fullsize_ribbon gallery code embeded. That seems to float over the entire page which is what I would like the slide show to do. then I can size it to fit. Should I be adding a div tag to enclose the code for the slideshow or should I edit the css in the slideshow index file ?? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Justin Nemeth

There is a bug using a slideshow with a div name outerWrapper already on your page. The fix would be to rename the div on your page, or comment out the javascript in the gallery.js that does the auto resize. There are some other threads about this if you search. Otherwise a future update to PowerGallery will also fix the issue.

jerry394338

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I ended up changing the div name in both the index.php for the gallery and the same div name in the JS. Now the size is correct and the slide show is working fine. But I am getting an error the breaks the page below the slide show.

MySQL Error: Table 'shetek_photos.cms_home_page' doesn't exist

any idea where to look for that one?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is a recordset on the page looking for the cms_home_page table in the shetek_photos database.

looks like you have powercms content on the same page as the gallery?
The connection to the powerCMS database is set in the connections/PowerCMSConnection.php file, the connection for the gallery is set in the connections/powergallery.php

make sure the recordset that is looking for the cms_home_page table is using the correct connection file.

jerry394338

Thanks Jason
thought it was something like that. just didn't know where to look. Everything working fine now

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...