close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration, Log in, log Out, Profile not redirecting/working properly

Thread began 6/10/2010 1:11 am by victor405909 | Last modified 6/30/2010 5:20 pm by Eric Mittman | 1840 views | 11 replies |

victor405909

Registration, Log in, log Out, Profile not redirecting/working properly

Security Assist 1.1.9
Mac OS X

I have been trying to get Registration, Log in, log Out, Profile pages to work properly with no joy.

I have even been using the wizard to do one page at a time. Please note I have not gone on to authenticate part of the extension since I seem to be having problems here.

I have establish a Mysql connection.
Used a template to create pages from.
Inserted code into editable region areas.
Provided links to pages in question.

I know that Mysql has connection because when I check database to see if it receives data submitted from registration page it is there. However this page, as well as Log in page, does not redirect to chosen file instead a ? is appended to end of current page address in browser.

I have a Log Out page that I can navigate to but it is just a page that says you have log out successfully even when I have not Logged in.

I maybe using incorrectly can somebody please give me specific guidance. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you create the pages with the wizard the form actions should be setup on the pages for you. The registration and login pages should be posting to themselves. If you login successfully you should be taken to the redirect page specified in the server behavior. You should open up your login page and check the Authenticate User server behavior to ensure that the successful login redirect is set.

If you have any further trouble with this please post back with the pages in questions and the steps you are taking to interact with them.

victor405909

Thanks for reply Eric

I started the whole thing again from scratch following videos in solution recipes and it is driving me crazy. I did followed tutorials and looked at authenticate user but can't see where I went wrong hopefully if I focus on one page at a time I can solve problem with some help.

Registration seems to be posting to itself. However it is not redirecting to page set in server behavior. Log in page is not redirecting properly either on success or failure.

Could please take a look at my code in regards to redirect. Thank you.

Attached Files
users_LogIn.php.zip
users_Registration.php.zip

victor405909

I am using a local environment to test development.

I use a mac and have MAMP setup.

In regards to the email object do I use my actual details for my current email or does localhost have a specific way to send emails?

I have chosen linux as email object option.

Eric Mittman

You say that the pages are not redirecting properly, please explain where they are going to now and where you would like them to go. In general the forms should submit to the same pages they are on, then the server behavior should run to either login the user, register a new user, update the profile, or log the user out. Once the server behavior has ran it should then redirect to whatever is specified as the redirect for that server behavior. Please post back with the details about how it is behaving for you now and how you would like it to work.

As for the email testing on localhost you will need an SMTP server running in order to send mails. The email addresses that you are using do not have any relationship to the mail server. If you need to authenticate then you will need to make use of the PEAR mail object that allows for authentication based on username and password.

victor405909

On Registration page I register a new user.
Info is remove from fields and entered into database.
(I KNOW IT HAS BECAUSE I CHECKED DATABASE )

I now want page to redirect to login page. However it remains on Registration page after it has registered using.

Now when I check broken links for this page I get "<?php echo $editFormAction; ?>"

I have gone through wizard a number of times and finding it very tedious.
I have been checking the code What exactly do I do?

To clarify so to test email object I have to use a SMPT Server such as PEAR to check functionality of emails with my localhost setup and cannot use the one I am using to send my current emails from.

Is this the correct link to SMPT Server you are refering to?

Eric Mittman

By default the registration page should be created with a $insertGoTo variable. This variable should be set to the login page. Here is what this line of code looks like on my pages:

$insertGoTo = "users_LogIn.php";

If you don't have this then you can edit the Insert Record server behavior and set the page for the 'After inserting, go to:' value. If you have any further problems with this please post back with the pages in question in a zip archive.

victor405909

I have looked over that part of the coding and also put in the direct path to file to see if that would work but it did not.

Does the "?" appended to address in browser after execution have any baring upon what is happening. Reason I ask is I noticed in the PHP coding a function that seems to produce this. What does it do? does it mean if can't find file append '?' to browser?

Also I did not see your reply in regards to SMPT server I would have to set up to test emails on localhost could you please send it. Thanks.

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure why this is not redirecting for you, please post back with the page in question in a zip archive so that I can take a look at it.

As for the SMTP server I'm not sure what you are asking for, I do not have an SMTP server to give you, I was letting you know that you need one installed locally in order to test locally. You could also test with a live server so long as it allowed remote connections and did not authenticate you.

victor405909

OK I will obtain a SMPT server to run on my computer.

I have attached a zip file for registration page in question. If I can find a solution to why this page does not redirect properly I will apply it to other pages I have issues with e.g. Log in also not redirecting.

Attached Files
users_Registration.php.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...