close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Errors with logging in and checking out

Thread began 5/17/2010 8:54 am by koneill385535 | Last modified 5/18/2010 12:10 pm by koneill385535 | 1025 views | 4 replies |

koneill385535

Errors with logging in and checking out

Hi,

I followed the tutorial for SecurityAssist where it restricted access to my pages. Now, when I add the first product to my cart and try to checkout, it gives me a missing page error. I noticed that the URLs for these pages are different than normal. They become:

cart.php?&checkout=1&accesscheck=%2Fcart.php%3F
instead of
cart.php

checkout2.php&&checkout=1&accesscheck=%2Fcart.php%3F
instead of
checkout2.php

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In the links that you posted you are going to the same pages, but there is an access restriction in effect, the URLs are showing you what page you tried to access and were restricted on.

cart.php?&checkout=1&accesscheck=%2Fcart.php%3F

So it seems that you have an access restriction rule on your checkout page or the cart page that is preventing you from getting there. If this is the case then you will need to login before you can get to these pages. If you do not want to restrict access on these pages then you will need to remove the access restriction rule from them by going to Modify > SiteAssist access page manager.

koneill385535

OK, that makes sense. I do have a login page. I want users to log in to be able to checkout. But it seems that when they have to log in after clicking the add to cart button that it interrupts the entire process. Is there a way for them to click "Add to Cart", log in, then proceed to checkout without any errors?

tom92909Beta Tester

Set your login requirement with SecurityAssist on your Checkout page not your shopping cart.
You want them to login when they are ready to check out, not while they are shopping.

koneill385535

Thanks, that did the trick!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...