close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Creating a Custom SiteAssist layout with Sculptor and Menu Writer

Thread began 5/15/2010 1:43 pm by ltsi1357391 | Last modified 5/19/2010 3:54 pm by Eric Mittman | 2018 views | 5 replies |

ltsi1357391

Creating a Custom SiteAssist layout with Sculptor and Menu Writer

Hi I have CSS Sculpture 3, Site assist pro and CSS Menu

I am really having problems setting up a template I can't import into site assist pro, been here a few hours and it has stumped me, are there any videos to help me, I am a newly qualified levil 3 web designer in css3 so I was hoping to make some sites for my site,

I downloaded the get started page and followed the on screen details, on the choose file NO FILE was there even though I save it, any ideas. I need to pack my site with templates so need some advice or help plesae.

Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

We have a How To that is specific to using these three tools together to create a custom layout, here is a direct link to it:

siteassistpro_update_sculptor_mw_ht.pdf

This can be found on the SiteAssist Pro support page. Please follow along with the guide and if you have any trouble with it post back and let us know at what point you are having problems and what you are seeing versus what you are expecting to see.

ltsi1357391

Still problems

Hi I downloaded the PDF to make a site.

I went into dream weaver made a new folder called flowers (as a test) set up a new site assist pro site, chose the pages I wanted and saved it.

In dream weaver the site is in the right side site panel, I did not save site type.

I Click on pre set manager, when it opens i click on the product tab (site assist layouts)
I click on the new tab, entered in a name, click on the dreamweaver template / site assist pro
I want to use the navigation I have assigned, then I get loads of errors on where the nav is going.

Basically I purchased these products to help me make templates to sell on line, firstly I want to be able to build the sites in CSS sculpture, place my designs onto the css templates I make, perhaps I should not have bought site assist pro.

I was hoping to make loads of new designs and have these numbered as a database so template one - flowers / template two etc etc.

Looking at SAP when a template is built, it seems to me this will mean I can not make sites with this product as the buyer will have to have SAP.

So I would like to make many templates in css sculpture which can be used on my templates is this possible?

Eric Mittman

The CSS Sculptor Tool will help you to craft new layouts. These layouts can be used as the basis of a new page or template.

CSS Menu Writer will create css driven menus for you that can be used on a stand alone page or in a template.

SiteAssist Pro will create an entire site for you including the template and the menu. You can create a new SiteAssist Pro design based on a CSS Sculptor preset and a CSS Menu Writer menu. Once you have created the design you can then create a new site based on this design. This new site can be edited by hand as if it were a custom created site.

You can also create a template from a CSS Sculptor layout using Dreamweaver's built in template altering abilities. Does this clear up the questions that you have about using these tools to create your templates and designs? If not please post back with any further questions that you have about these tools together or stand alone.

ltsi1357391

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  The CSS Sculptor Tool will help you to craft new layouts. These layouts can be used as the basis of a new page or template.

CSS Menu Writer will create css driven menus for you that can be used on a stand alone page or in a template.

SiteAssist Pro will create an entire site for you including the template and the menu. You can create a new SiteAssist Pro design based on a CSS Sculptor preset and a CSS Menu Writer menu. Once you have created the design you can then create a new site based on this design. This new site can be edited by hand as if it were a custom created site.

You can also create a template from a CSS Sculptor layout using Dreamweaver's built in template altering abilities. Does this clear up the questions that you have about using these tools to create your templates and designs? If not please post back with any further questions that you have about these tools together or stand alone.  

Thanks loads, do you have a manual that will teach me these things, i have had the products a year now, but gave up last time, now i am a qualified web designer I was hoping to get a business up and running. Links or a manual or book may help me, i know the CSS just struggling on different things.

chris

Eric Mittman

The PDF file that I linked to earlier is our only documentation on using these tools together to create a new SiteAssist layout. Have you been able to get through the document and get positive results after each step? If not please post back and let us know what step you are having trouble with and what the result is that you are experiencing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...