close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

storing product option values

Thread began 5/11/2010 11:23 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 5/19/2010 2:21 pm by Eric Mittman | 1723 views | 7 replies |

mrobben375515

storing product option values

I had a support ticket with Jason Byrnes yesterday and he changed some code in the orders_Detail page to get the advanced options to show up. Our client put an order through and got this error message...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ': Hardback, Personalize: Personalize! ($2), To: Faith, Message: Hope you enjo' at line 1

Now when I click on order details I get the following error.

Warning: mysql_data_seek() [function.mysql-data-seek]: Offset 0 is invalid for MySQL result index 12 (or the query data is unbuffered) in /home/content/l/u/n/lunchpailbooks/html/Admin/orders_Detail.php on line 158

I've attached the orders_Detail page. Please let me know if you need any other files. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
orders_Detail.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like the problem is with the query that is on the confirm page when you are storing the details of the order. Based on the error it seems like there might be a problem with the items that were in the order. If the record was not inserted correctly you can get an error like this on the details page because the id would not be present.

Were you getting any errors like this before? You should try doing some more test orders to see if you get this error to occur again. Pay attention to the items that are in the cart, it could be that one of these items has some bad values. Please report back with whatever you discover. Are you seeing the details for the other orders?

mrobben375515

I wasn't getting any errors like this before. I specifically remember Jason Byrnes switching some code so that the editable details would show up in the admin section. Before I would send a transaction through but the advanced details for each product weren't showing up...

I've attached the confirm page...

Attached Files
confirm.zip

Eric Mittman

Ok, thanks for the description of what was done on this page. I looked at the line of code that should be updated in the store order details server behavior and it did not seem fully correct to me so I updated it. I went to line 1171 and updated it to be like this:

php:
$WA_fieldValuesStr = WA_eCDB_ConvertNumber("".$_SESSION['OrderID']  ."") . "|" . WA_eCDB_ConvertNumber("".$WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("ID")  ."") . "|" . "".$WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Name").(((strpos($WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Description"), "--")) !== false)?strip_tags(substr(nl2br($WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Description")),strpos($WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Description"),"--"))):"")  ."" . "|" . WA_eCDB_ConvertNumber("".$WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Price")  ."") . "|" . "".$WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("SKU")  ."" . "|" . WA_eCDB_ConvertNumber("".$WA_Store_Cart->DisplayInfo("Quantity")  ."") . "|" . WA_eCDB_ConvertNumber("".$WA_Store_Cart->TotalColumn("DiscountApplied")  ."");

I'm including the updated version of this page for you as well. Please give this a try to see if it resolves the issues you are experiencing with the query and the product options.

Attached Files
confirm.zip

mrobben375515

Still getting this error...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ': SoftCover (Saddle-Stitch), Personalize: Personalize! ($2), To: Dear Alex, M' at line 1

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure if the error you are getting now is due to some updated code on this page or if you just have some bad values in your item that is attempting to be inserted. As a final test of this what happens if you use the default page that is downloaded for PowerStore? If you can use the default page and still have this problem then it points to an issue with some of the values for some items. If you do not have this problem on the default page then there is more likely an issue with the query that is storing the details. It should not error if the data types match the columns correctly. Please post back and let us know the result. If the problem is on the page then we will need to open a ticket to do some debugging with you on this issue.

mrobben375515

I uploaded the page from the original PS3 zip file and the transaction went through. I went and checked in the orders on the admin side and the advanced details don't show up...that's the only issue is that I need to be able to see the advanced details the customers insert to customize their product. Thanks for the help...Let me know if you need any other files.

Eric Mittman

Here are updated versions of the confirm and pp_confirm pages. Make sure to backup your current working versions of these pages first. Please give this a try with these updated pages and let us know if you are getting any more errors.

Attached Files
adding order details - confirm and pp_confirm pages.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...