close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product Results page not showing all items in IE8

Thread began 5/10/2010 5:02 pm by bbolt360986 | Last modified 5/19/2010 11:30 am by Eric Mittman | 1743 views | 5 replies |

bbolt360986

Product Results page not showing all items in IE8

If I used FireFox (Win & Mac), Opera, Chrome and other Browsers the PowerStore 3 will show all the products list (i.e Product 1 to X)... but in IE7 or IE8 it will only show Products 1 to 3....

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I have not seen this issue before, when I test my live PowerStore I can see all of the items when I view the results page. Can you see any of these items if you search for them directly? Do you have a link where this can be seen? I would like to check this out to see if there might be a problem with a product name or something like that.

bbolt360986

concerning the IE7 and IE8 issues not finding all proudcts

Eric Mittman;

thanks for the help. The current website is located at
PowerStore3/

If you are in IE 7 or 8 and you attempt to pull any data for the product Therma-Tru Exterior Doors you only get 2 items of the 5 items. When you use the Product Search services and Select item "Therm-Tru Exterior Doors" and in the "Keywords" you enter "Fiber-Classic" it will find this-these products that will not list if you just go to "Products" and then select "Therma-Tru Exterior Doors". If I use any of my Mac Browsers or if I use Firefox for windows all the products will be listed.

Another items that is distressful is that for the IE 7 & 8 the Spry Expanding Menus show the Scroll Bars.... this is not an issue in any of the other browsers...

thanks

Eric Mittman

It looks like there is a problem with some of the details for your Classic-Craft Mahogany door in this category. In IE when I see this item listed in the results there is no information after it, there is no learn more link in the listing for this product.

This tells me that there is some value for this item that is causing the results that you are seeing. As a test you could try taking this item offline with the checkbox in the admin area. When you do this it should make it so the item does not show in the store. If you can do this and get good results for the other items it would indicate that there is an issue with this particular item.

As for the spry area have you made any modifications to this? I have not seen this before, the menu is based on the names of your categories and items. You could update the css for this in the SpryAssets/SpryAccordian.css, in here look for the style titled:

.AccordionPanelContent

In this style the overflow is set to auto, you can update this to hidden to have it hide the overflow info. Please post back and let us know the results that you get.

bbolt360986

Really didn't find the issue with IE8 and IE7

Every other Bowser pulls all the data from the database whether I use a mac or windows based computer.... but if we use IE8 and IE7 we only show 3 Items.... How can this be a Admin user entry problem.... can you please provide additional clarity on what you would like me to validate in the software or database.... thanks Bob

Eric Mittman

It seems to me that the problem might be specific to the Classic-Craft Mahogany door in the Therma-Tru Exterior Doors category.

You should login to the admin area and uncheck the box that makes this particular product live then test this again. If you can see the remaining four items and not this one then there is a problem with this item.

If you can determine that the problem is with this item we can then look into the values for this item to see what the problem might be. Please post back and let us know the results.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...