close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

iRite image upload not working on Go Daddy with PHP

Thread began 5/08/2010 11:23 am by sandy170299 | Last modified 5/12/2010 6:49 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3304 views | 16 replies |

sandy170299

iRite image upload not working on Go Daddy with PHP

This is what I am specifying in config.php:

$Config['Enabled'] = true ;
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/userfiles/' ;
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '/home/content/69/6124769/html/hines/userfiles/' ;

This is the URL for the site (under construction yet): hines/

When I upload an image using the HTML Editor, the image uploads fine. I can see it in the list, and I can select it to insert into the document. The problem is, it doesn't show up in the HTML Editor. It does show up on the site, but I can't see it in the Editor. The only way I can see it in the editor window is if I view the source. Now, I can do this and work with the image this way, but my client will not be able to do this.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it so my client can see what he is inserting into his document?

Sign in to reply to this post

tom250037Beta Tester

What path are you seeing to the image when you look at the source? is it
src="userfiles/image
or
src="/userfiles/image

It is probably leaving off the leading forward slash.
Have you tried leaving $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] blank?

Tom

sandy170299

When I view the source, I'm seeing src="userfiles/image, although I have tried it both ways, with and without the slash, and it did not make a difference.

If I use this option, $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ;

it doesn't upload the file at all. This is the first time I'm using it with GoDaddy. Personally, I don't like hosting with GoDaddy, but it's the choice of the person I'm working for, so I need to make it work.

tom250037Beta Tester

I agree about hosting . I just tell my clients, if they want me to build the site, they host with me :-)

When you upload, and you uploading via the upload tab across the top of the image properties dialog (I found this caused problems in iRite sometimes)
of clicking browse server button in the Image Info tab of Image Properties.

Try both, and see if they both give you the same path.

sandy170299

Uploading isn't the problem. I can upload the file just fine, and once uploaded, it appears in my list. Once I select it from the list, it doesn't appear in the HTML editor. Not in the image dialog window, or in the editor page itself. The path is fine and it's on the server. I am completely stumped on this one!

tom250037Beta Tester

I understand that it uploads fine. The problem, is that it isnt prepending a / to the userfiles, as it should.
It would still work on the site, but you wouldnt be able to see it in your admin, because it is one level deeper.

I had noticed in earlier versions (I am using HTMLEditor now, instead of iRite) that it did that sometimes if I used the upload tab, (quick upload) instead of the browse server button.
That is why I asked if you tried both methods.

sandy170299

When I use the "quick" upload tab on the top, it doesn't put it in the right directory - completely disregards the image directory. When I use the Image Info tab and browse for the file to upload, it DOES put it in the image directory, and it works - it's listed in the list of files.

tom250037Beta Tester

Well, you stumped me on this one... Maybe Ray is lurking around here today. Im sure he will know what the problem is :-)

tom250037Beta Tester

Just for grins, if you want to zip up and attach your config file, I will take a look at it, and see if I can spot anything obvious.

Dani Chankhour

Can you post back with the url that you see in the editor. The Editor needs to have the a site relative path in order to preview the image.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...