close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Progress Bar Feedback with Attachment

Thread began 5/07/2010 10:54 am by Martin | Last modified 5/11/2010 3:16 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1267 views | 5 replies |

Martin

Progress Bar Feedback with Attachment

Greetings!

Finally got around to using the new UE 4. Might take a little while to start using the full power of this tool. Looks like there is a lot to it!

A couple of questions though: I finally have a form working that was created using the CSS Form Layout.

I have to have the user attach a file to the generated e-mail when the submit button is pressed. While the file attachment uploads successfully, I need the user to have some kind of feedback that their submission is progressing.

I thought I would add a progress bar to the submit form button, but every time I get the feedback that "Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator".

First question, should this way of adding the progress work? How do I get this to work (yes I am working on a template page). Also can I ask why you do not have a progress bar feedback built into the file upload automatically?

Secondly, I would like to filter the attachment file to a only being a JPG or JPEG format. I would also like to limit the size of the file. FYI, I do not want to upload the file to the server and have it as a download link. Just an attachment is good enough.

Third, I was not able to get my test to work until I removed the validation completely from the upload file field. How do I add validation to the field without it throwing an invalid=true error each time?

The form is located on this page - contests.php

Thanks,

Martin

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The error "Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator" is a common error when using templates that does not really have a solid fix, see my post here for a workaround:
showpost.php?p=18157&postcount=2

to restrict validation to a certain file extension or file size, you will need to use the Server Validation included in CSS Form Builder.
Use File Extesnion validation to restrict to jpg or gif files, and number validation to restrict to specific file size.

When you click the lightning bolt next to the server variable, select the fileField bindings with the lightning bolt icon, see the attached screen shot for an example of the file size binding.

Martin

Hi Jason,

I used the trick you mentioned below. Yes I was able to insert the progress bar.

contests.php

I am still playing with the file extension validation. I will keep you informed as to how that goes.

Thanks,
Martin

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, Glad to hear the progress bar is working.

Martin

Jason, is there anyway to customize the preset looks of the Progress bar, including the color of the lightbox.

Once created, is there anyway to add them to the list of presets?

Any information on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can modify the css that is used in the webassist/progress_bar/jquery-blockui-formprocessing.js. it cannot be saved as a preset though.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...