close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Uninstall - Totally Remove

Thread began 5/03/2010 1:56 pm by info401006 | Last modified 1/05/2011 6:46 am by Ray Borduin | 6392 views | 8 replies |

info401006

Uninstall - Totally Remove

I've tried to uninstall DataAssist via CS4 extensions manager but it never seems to be removed 100%.

How can I do this manually please?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The way you can remove the extension completely would be to rename the configuration directory and then go into the extension manager and remove the extension there.

This will have the effect of disabling all your other extensions however, so you'd have to re-enable or re-install the other extensions.

The configuration directory is the one that is referenced in our common installation issues document:
common_installation_issues.pdf

Note: that document is just referenced for the location of the configuration directory, not for instructing you on how to remove the extension.

info401006

Uninstall

I find it extremely strange (worrying in fact) for webassist not to have clear instructions on how to remove their software (only).

It seems that you are suggesting totally disabling or destroying Dreamweaver by renaming the configuration directory ? !!

So I only want to try Adobe's supplied method of Extension Manager, I have screenshots of the errors after Extensions Manager says DataAssist is uninstalled BUT on launching Dreamweaver again I get two error screens...

"Unable to find file WA_Memento.htm in the Configuration?Floaters directory. The floater will not be shown."

"Panel 154 could not be created. Removing it fro the list".

tom250037Beta Tester

I think this is more a Dreamweaver and/or Extension Manager issue that Webassist. I have run into problems with other extensions not uninstalling completely.
Have you uninstalled all of your WA extensions? memento is included in all of them I believe.

If you still have some WA extensions, try re-installing one of them, and see if that fixes it.
Or perhaps re-install one, and then uninstall it to see if it uninstalls is completely that time.

The other thing you can do is delete the WinFileCache (or MacCache) in your configuration folder, as the PDF mentioned above suggested.
I find that often cures errors such as that.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The extension manager should automatically remove any files it installs, so if files are left behind it is a problem with the extension manager.

Jimmy correctly identifies the correct way to ensure all files are removed is to rename the user configuration file. That is the only place we install files, so if the extension manager does have a problem, that will ensure complete removal.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

frank64144

Getting Rid of Memento

I love your extensions, but really dislike the Memento window that I have to close every time I open DW. How can I permanently remove Memento?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Go to Edit->Webassist Preferences and update to never show memento.

danne.polk73888

There is no WebAssist Preferences in Edit

I want to disable the Memento popup at startup, but I can't find the WebAssist Preferences option anywhere. Using CS4 and have Universal Mail, DadaAssist and eCart.

Please help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you see the menu option under Edit->Webassist Preferences at all?

I suppose you could manually remove the files, but the easiest way is to simply disable it from the preferences panel.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...