close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

What is the order of setting up eCart?

Thread began 5/03/2010 7:10 am by paul298707 | Last modified 5/05/2010 8:19 am by Jason Byrnes | 3110 views | 9 replies |

paul298707

What is the order of setting up eCart?

I need help with the proper order of setting up eCart.

For example, if I run the Checkout Wizard, it will create the checkout and confirm pages. That's fine. But if I already setup up the registration, profile, login and logout pages using the other wizards, which page do I use?

Or if I run the security assist wizard, it also creates pages? Which ones do I use and in which order?

My goal is to have a funtional shopping cart that ends up with a download page where customers can download digital files.

Here's my questions:

Help please.

What specific page do I want to be on when I apply/run the checkout wizard?
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply the add store cart details in database?
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply the add store cart details in database?
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply/run the security assist wizard?
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply/run Universal Email?

Is there a flow chart? Please help. I'm coming on a deadline and need answers today.

Thanks in advance.

paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have this same post in another thread, I'm linking to it in case anyone else comes across just this one.

It would probably be better to keep this in the other thread since this post has been responded to in the other thread already.

grantr281040

Hi Eric!

I think I addressed most of his issue in the other thread. However, he asked about Security Assist which I have NO experience with. I don't see a post in the secuirty assist section so I'm not sure where is the proper place to address it.

Thanks for all the help.... You guys at WA ROCK!!!

Grant

grantr281040

I posted the best of my knowledge regarding your questions here showthread.php?t=9582

These products are great and you can build an entire functional site very fast if you fully understand how they work and how to implement them. The WA guys here in the forums are an awesome help, but if you are up against a tight deadline and unfamiliar with these products you could be in trouble. For a novice like me, they took a while to learn and I still don't fully undertand all of their functions.

My 2 cents: I have used and would probably suggest the WA mentoring session option. You can get done in a couple hours what might take weeks struggling through on your own. AND YOU LEARN A LOT.... FAST! It can be a bit expensive, but if you are faced with letting down a client it may be worth it.

Good luck Paul!

Grant

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll try to expand a little bit and touch all points:

1) Before running the checkout wizard, create a cart display page using the eCart Display manager (Insert -> WebAssist -> eCart -> Display Manager).

Also make sure the database connection has been created.

With the cart display manager open, start the checkout wizard.

2 - 3) If you have already created the database connection, you will have options to configure the store cart summary and store cart details behaviors in the checkout wizard. these behaviors will automatically be added for you.

4) You can have any page from your site open when you run the Security Assist wizard. No changes will be made to the page that is open.

See the "How to apply Register/Login functionality to your checkout page" tutorial on the security assist support page for details on securing your eCart checkout pages:
securityassist/

5) In the Checkout Wizard, if you select to use a local checkout gateway such as Paypal Payments Pro, you will have option to configure Universal Email in the wizard.

6) For selling digital Goods, there is a tutorial on the security assist support page in the how to section titled "Creating a Download Center for selling Digital Goods"

It wont matter so much if the security assist pages have been created before running the checkout wizard. You can create the security assist pages in any order. Once the checkout pages are created using the checkout wizard, you only need to apply the security assist access rule to them.

Grant:
just wanted to note that the mentor training program is no longer offered.

paul298707

Thanks Grant. And Eric and Jason.

Sorry to be a bother, but please don't refer me to your tutorials -- they don't have the info I want -- and that's why I'm here. I've easily spent 40 hours now going through these and they do not answer my questions.

Thanks for the above, I'm making headway. But, you still didn't answer all my questions and the tutorials do not say.

What specific page do I want to be on when I apply the add store cart details in database? (or do I need to create a page?)
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply the add store cart details in database? (or do I need to create a page?)
What specific page do I want to be on when I apply/run Universal Email? (or do I need to create a page?)

Thanks again. I know once I get through this once it will be a "ah ha" experience. I appreciate your patience. Paul

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What specific page do I want to be on when I apply/run Universal Email? (or do I need to create a page?)  

I addressed these three question in my post above:

2 - 3) If you have already created the database connection, you will have options to configure the store cart summary and store cart details behaviors in the checkout wizard. these behaviors will automatically be added for you.  

5) In the Checkout Wizard, if you select to use a local checkout gateway such as Paypal Payments Pro, you will have option to configure Universal Email in the wizard.  

When you run the checkout wizard, the store cart details, store cart summary behaviors can be configured in the wizard. likewise, as long as you select to use a local checkout method, universal email will be configured in the checkout wizard.

These behaviors will automatically be added to the confirm page.

I pointed you to the tutorials because they address other points you mentioned, like wanting to offer digital downloads.

paul298707

Jason, I appreciate your efforts but there's a major communication problem -- probably on my end.

FIRST, I've ran all these wizards dozens of times. I've deleted and started over from scratch several times. I've read the tutorials dozens of times. And then when you respond and use the generic term "wizard" you leave me lost. You offers lots of products and they all have wizards. Could you please be specific about which wizard.

When I run (all 10 times now) the CHECKOUT wizard I complete the order summary and order details parts. BUT they do NOT work! That's why I want to know what "SPECIFIC" page I should be on for troubleshooting.

Your answer only brings me back to the CHECKOUT wizard, which is not working. So, once again, help!

Please don't refer me to a tutorial or previous answer or another wizard. Just tell me:

The form of answer I want is this:

For order summary, page = name.php
For order details, page = name.php
For universal email, page= confirm.php or shoppingcart.php or whatever?

Jason, the trouble I'm having is the wizards are not working. So, I do not even know if they created all the necessary pages. That's why I want to know what page I should trouble shoot on.

Does the CHECKOUT wizard create any order summary or detail pages? Now I've read the Order History guide where I can make these, but I don't see how they relate to the checkout wizard.

I'm trying man. Just please be specific. Thanks, PAUL

paul298707

Flow of setting up shopping cart

This is in relation to the above -- which I still have not seen an answer. I just want a simple flow of the best way to run the various wizards.

For example: DataAssist wizard --> eCart object --> Display wizard --> Checkout wizard --> Universal Email --> Security assist wizard -- Cookies toolkit --> etc.

I hate to beat this into the ground, but this is key for me because the way I've been doing it it isn't working. I just want to know what flow is best and working for most people. YES, I understand they can probably be run in different orders .... but what will most likely be the best way.

Thanks in advance.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to be honest, if this where part of the first post:

When I run (all 10 times now) the CHECKOUT wizard I complete the order summary and order details parts. BUT they do NOT work! That's why I want to know what "SPECIFIC" page I should be on for troubleshooting.  

we would be in a totally different place right now.

your question:

led me to believe your where creating the checkout pages manually, that is why I answered "let the checkout wizard do it for you".

But to get to the heart of the matter:

All three server behaviors: order summary, order details and universal email are applied to the confirm.php page.

So to troubleshooting:
You say that you have run the checkout wizard multiple times, if you do not delete the checkout pages each time, they server behaviors will be duplicated.

You may want to check that the pages do not have duplicate behaviors on them, if they do, delete them and run the wizard once again.

The order information will only be stored in the DB if the transaction is processed through the gateway successfully. When you click the confirm button on the confirm.php page, are you redirected to the checkout failure page, or the checkout success page?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...