close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Is this possible and can I use WebAssist?

Thread began 4/29/2010 6:42 pm by swoodmwood396702 | Last modified 4/30/2010 8:37 am by swoodmwood396702 | 1990 views | 2 replies |

swoodmwood396702

My apologies if this is not the correct medium to post my inquiry. I'm hoping the Technical gurus out there can tell me if the following is possible, and if so, can I use WebAssist products to accomplish or do I have to use something else? If you point me in a direction, I can do more research. I don't know how to write java script code without a product to assist. Thanks.

I have an hmtl/php page that has 2 framesets. One frameset has an Image of a product. The other frameset is a Form that the customer fills out and updates my database from.

The Image shown has multiple items to choose color for. The customer selects a color for each of the items in the Image by selecting a radio button showing a picture of the color. Currently, these framesets are NOT connected. Customer picks the color via radio button, then submits all choices and updates my database. Image shows sample color choices and remains as is.

Here's what I WANT to do:
When the customer picks the radio button for the color (i.e. Shirt color) in the Form, I would like the Image to reflect the color choice (i.e. Shirt). As stated previously, I have multiple choices for each Image, so I'm thinking that I would have to somehow breakdown the Image into multiple "objects" that would tie back to the question on my Form and radio button color choice. I would then need to have some sort of button that would Refresh the Image "objects" reflecting the color choices selected on the Form. Once the customer is settled on all color choices, they can "Submit" the entire Form and update my database.

The Image is created and saved from Adobe CS3 Illustrator...so the color choices I give to my customer are actually specific Layers in Illustrator that I select and change the color for. Since I offer 30 colors for each object (i.e. Shirt) and each Image can have like 10 objects (i.e. Shirt, Shorts, Shoes, etc.)...it's unreasonable to create that many images to support all of the color combinations.

If you need to see my Website to get a better feel for what I'm doing, please let me know.
Thanks!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the webassist extensions do not have the capabilities of doing what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are not going to create an image for each color combination, you would need to use PHP or javascript to create the image dynamically, Not an easy programing task.

In PHP you can use the GD library to generate an image:
book.image.php

I think you would need to use a combination of AJAX and PHP scripting tied to the onchange event of the radio buttons to change the image.

I am not aware of any extension that will help accomplish this. It would require extensive hand coding.

swoodmwood396702

Thanks for your speedy response! I'll check out the link you provided and investigate the other products you suggested...it might be time to hire someone for this if I want it done.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...