close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

500 - Internal server error

Thread began 4/29/2010 5:38 pm by paul.urgero235355 | Last modified 7/29/2010 5:22 pm by Eric Mittman | 1172 views | 11 replies |

Paul

500 - Internal server error

I am trying to view all orders in PS3 admin dashboard. When I click on the link, I get: "500 - Internal server error". Any thoughts as to why?

The site is not live yet, but has been working on our internal server.

Thanks,
Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

A 500 error just means that there is something wrong with the application server. You will need to enable full or advanced error reporting to see the error itself, this should be an option for your server.

If you do this and get a blank page it would indicate a php error is occurring, if that is the case you would need to enable error reporting to see what the problem is. You can do that with this code at the top of your page:

php:
<?php 

error_reporting
(E_ALL); 
ini_set('display_errors','on'); 
?>

Paul

Eric,

Here is the detailed error message:

Detailed Error Information
Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP_via_FastCGI
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL orders_Results.php
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Admin\orders_Results.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Does this tell you anything?

Eric Mittman

This is just further confirming that there is a server error coming from php, it does not give any of the details of the php error itself. In order to troubleshoot the problem we will need a specific php error to work with. Normally when you add in the error reporting code to the top of the page and test it you should see any php errors. What browsers have you tested this in? It would be a good test to try this in another browser to see if you get the same result or a more detailed error message.

If you cannot get past this then you will need to contact your host to see if they can allow errors to be reported directly by the scripts rather than be handled.

Paul

Eric,

The 500-Internal server error, when viewed in IE from the server, showed the following:

Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP_via_FastCGI
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL orders_Results.php?Search=0
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Admin\orders_Results.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Does this help you get me an answer?

Thanks...
Paul

Eric Mittman

Is this on your local testing machine that you administer? This looks like an IIS error of some type that is coming from the server, it does not appear to be a php error. Are you able to view any php pages on your server? If this is a hosted environment you will need to speak to your host to enable error reporting in IIS. With a generic 500 level error it just means that something happened when processing the php file, no specific error is being reported.

Paul

This is OUR Windows 2008 server. I can see every page on the website, as well as the administration section, except the Orders page. I can see the search for orders page, but nothing but this error comes up.

Windows Error Reporting has been enabled, before I sent in this last reply.

It is odd that I can see everything BUT this section of the admin pages.

Eric Mittman

Do you have error reporting for php turned on and have the level set to E_ALL? It seems that there is a php error that is not being returned to the screen. If I try to visit the link that is listed in the error message you have it shows me a 500 error for the page. If I try to go to the search page I get access denied and I'm sent to the login page. Since the first things at the top of this page should be the include files and the access check it seems that it is not getting that far on the page. My guess is that there is an error before the redirect occurs, this could be from one of the include lines or the generic 'headers already sent' error message. Have you modified this page in any way? Do you have any white space that is outside of the php blocks? I would like to see this page in more detail, please post back with the page in it's current state so that I can take a look. If I can't spot the issue I will open a ticket for you so we can look into this further.

Paul

Here's the page. I haven't modified it from it's original download.

Attached Files
orders_Results.zip

Eric Mittman

If the page is in it's default state and you have the same lines of code at the top of your search page I cannot see any reason for an error occurring on this page. I'm opening a ticket for you on this issue so it can be looked into further. To update your ticket or check on it's status login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...