close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need help with paypal redirecting to download page

Thread began 4/28/2010 9:21 am by paul298707 | Last modified 4/29/2010 6:13 pm by Eric Mittman | 1324 views | 3 replies |

paul298707

Need help with paypal redirecting to download page

I'm using ecart (and maybe universal email if necessary). So far I am able to get items to show up in shopping cart, and able to submit correctly to PayPal where the user can see the items and login to pay. But after payment. buyer is not redirected to download page.

Where might I be missing out?

Working site is www.pcsarticles.com, feel free to try everything accept actually pay. I don't want to do refunds.

Am I missing code on shoppping cart? on download page? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have the return value set like this:

<input type="hidden" name="return" id="return" value="http://www.pcsarticles.com/download_center.php">

This should be a valid value for the user to return to once the transaction is complete. Do you have auto return setup in your profile? If not this might be the problem, here is a link to the auto return info:

express_return_summary-outside

paul298707

Yes, this was part of the problem.

Thanks for that. Didn't know about this.

However, still having problem with the download page.

Is it necessary to have the customer complete a registration or signup page in order for the data to be "transferred" or whatever to the download page?

Or can it come right from the checkout page?

I was going shopping cart ... confirm (skipped checkout but uploaded, just not used) ... to paypal ... and hopefully to download page.

Thanks, paul

Eric Mittman

If you want to automatically return the user to the page in the return element you need to have auto return enabled, do you have this enabled?

If you do then PayPal will automatically return the user to the URL that you have specified in the return. When I do a view source on your confirm page it looks like you have the return element setup correctly so you just need to make sure that you enable this in your PayPal profile.

All that the return does is send the user to that URL, it does not pass anything along.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...