close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Standard Ecart 5 not Passing Info

Thread began 4/23/2010 4:34 am by SAL | Last modified 4/28/2010 4:11 pm by Eric Mittman | 2396 views | 8 replies |

SAL

PayPal Standard Ecart 5 not Passing Info

Hi,

Since I upgraded to e-cart 5 we are not getting phone numbers from checkout form in the paypal order summary. It was working fine until I upgraded. Using PayPal standard as payment processor. Any ideas on what could have happened?

I have not changed anything with cart configuration except adding new products. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the checkout and confirm pages so I can examine the code.

SAL

Send it?

How would it best be sent?

Eric Mittman

You can post back with these pages in a zip archive and attach them to your post.

paul298707

eCart not passing all info to paypal

I can not seem to pass the download link to paypal. The item details do fine, the person can make payment, but there is no redirect after payment is made.

I'm sure it's a step I'm missing, but can't find any documentation on paypal downloads.

Thanks.

Eric Mittman

When you are using Payments Standard there is a form element called 'return' that should be set to the page that you want the user returning to. This element is on your confirm page, you should check it here and set it to the URL of the page you want the user going to after the transaction occurs.

paul298707

Paypal standard ... is this the correct "return"

Hi Eric,

Thanks ... a dull bulb is lighting up in my head right now. But, as I am new to this, to be more specific, are you saying to set the return VALUE to my my download page?

Example: <input type="hidden" name="return" id="return" value="http://www.mydomain.com/download_center.php" />

I'm including some of my code so you can see if I'm in the right place ... on the confirm.php page.

<input type="hidden" name="handling_cart" id="handling_cart" value="<?php echo ($PCSarticles->GetShipping() + $PCSarticles->GetCharges()); ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="tax_cart" id="tax_cart" value="<?php echo $PCSarticles->GetTax() ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" id="no_note" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" id="no_shipping" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" id="cancel_return" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="return" id="return" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" id="cmd" value="_cart" />
<input type="hidden" name="upload" id="upload" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" id="currency_code" value="USD" />
<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="0" />
<input type="hidden" name="first_name" id="first_name" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["firstname"]))?$_POST["firstname"]:"") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="last_name" id="last_name" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["lastname"]))?$_POST["lastname"]

Thanks again.

Paul

paul298707

Is it necessary to have a registratin or signup page?

While your helping me out, your documentation on "How to Create a Download Center" says:

"Before you can add a Download Center to your online store, you will need to ensure that your customers register or log into your site before purchasing. You may also want to create the Order History pages to allow your customers to view the details of their orders. For more information, see the following tutorials."

I was hoping I could just go from the shopping cart (and skip checkout page and redirect to) confirm page which goes to PayPal -- and after success -- to my download page ... as most of my customers will just want to buy the product and download (and not necessarily signup or login).

Please advise. Thanks again. Paul

Eric Mittman

I think it is much more complicated to have a remote checkout and a download area for your customers. The main problem is that if you want to deliver an item that the custom has paid for you should only do so after you have confirmed the status of the transaction. Just because a user goes through the Payments Standard and gets back to your site does not mean that the payment was successful. It only means that the transaction was submitted. If you give out a download link at this point you could potentially be giving it to someone that did not pay for it.

With Payments Standard using a form that posts to PayPal you will only know the status of the transaction after the IPN is sent. If you can't know the status while the user is on the site you would need to have the user come back to the site, and if you do not have a login then how do you know who the user is and what file they should have access to?

If you would like to have a download center I would suggest that you make use of Payments Pro or at least Express Checkout since with both of these you know the status of the transaction at the time. This way you could have a user complete the transaction then go directly to the download page to get their purchase.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...