close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration page does not display

Thread began 4/23/2010 12:01 am by Francois | Last modified 5/03/2010 6:04 pm by Jimmy Wu | 4009 views | 7 replies |

Francois

Registration page does not display

I'm very familiar with PHP and have the Registration files up on the server, database configured, etc. The users_Registration_Simple.php (and the not simple too) does not display at all. Here is the source view from the browser:
-----------
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML dpieagent_htmladvised="true" dpffagent_docid="207559891"><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
-----------
I can't see where the problem is. I've noticed that occasionally DW (CS4 on Win7) changes code when I open a page; for example, I have seen it change quotation marks in PHP code and replace them with &quot;

So I uploaded all new files again without opening them, except for the connection file and the WA_Globals.php - to no avail.

Also, when I open users_Registration_Simple.php in DW, the server behavior Universal Email 1 (mail) [prior version] has a red exclamation mark next to it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If the page is loading as blank, there might be a php error that has occurred and error reporting is turned off. Try adding this to the top of the page to turn error reporting on:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Francois

ok, got it!

Thanks. I was surprised to see the error was the database connection, because I had edited the file supplied with all the correct information.

But that was the error, so I also noticed that in DW, the database connection was not recognized. When I recreated it, it didn't overwrite it, it created a new one; the old one was indented in the panel. I deleted it and tested the page successfully.

Thanks again. Any idea why code is also rewritten sometimes, when I open a page, in the PHP code? should I turn the feature off in the preferences? I like that when I paste things in the WYSIWYG panel it converts it for me.

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure why your code would get overwritten, and it could be your settings on Dreamweaver. What feature are you referring to that you should turn off?

Francois

Under edit, preferences, code rewriting - there is a line which is checked (and greyed out), never rewrite code in files with extensions, and php is part of the extensions; code should never be rewritten, but it has happened to me. I opened a page and as it opened it was changed and needed to be saved. When I looked at it I saw that PHP code had been changed and no longer worked. I changed it back and it was fine.

Further down another line is also checked, encode <, >, &, and " in attribute values using & - that's the one I'm wondering if I should uncheck it - I like it but it should only convert these characters when I paste them in the WYSIWYG window.

Lastly, I have an exclamation point next to the Universal Email in the server behaviors - this is the registration solution package, the users_Registration.php page, and the server behavior panel has the exclamation point and then UniversaL Email 1 (mail) [prior version]

Jimmy Wu

Does the email behavior still work? The User Registration Solution Pack was generated using Universal Email 1, do you have Universal Email 2 installed?

I have both of those options checked, so it shouldn't be a problem if you leave them the way they are.

Francois

Yes, I tested the site and the email works. Thanks.

Jimmy Wu

Great to hear it. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open an new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...