close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data Assist - only admin?

Thread began 4/22/2010 9:52 pm by ch1974us345597 | Last modified 4/23/2010 10:30 am by Jimmy Wu | 1074 views | 4 replies |

ch1974us345597

Data Assist - only admin?

Just bought Data Assist and I was wondering something. Are the pages that are created only for the backend (admin)? For example, adding items, deleting items, updating items, etc. The other pages (results, detail) seem like they can be viewed by others but there's a delete button included with the data so I assumed its back end as well.

How would I go about creating pages with data assist and the pages being front end?

Sign in to reply to this post

mrs

No, it's not just for admin. Admittedly, it is the most useful aspect of data assist, but you could also use it for front end where users can enter data into a database, say something like a contact form, or a forum type site. Anywhere you need a form to be honest.

What ever you use it for, it is a useful tool though. It's very rare I have any trouble with it, and the pages it creates in minutes take me hours in dreamweaver.

mrs

Just to add to my previous post... you could also use it to very quickly create a results page, a search facility with search results, and an article detail page. So, it's not just for entering data into a db.

I prefer to build my own versions of these front end pages though as I really can't be bothered to mess with the resultant css, but I think that's where site assist pro comes into its own. you create your design with that, and then share it with data assist (somebody correct me if I am wrong)!

ch1974us345597

Data Assist - Front End..how?

I'm able to create admin pages using Data Assist...how do I create the output pages? Do I do it the same way, but leave out xxxx_delete.php, xxxx_insert.php, etc. ?? I'm still getting familiar with it.

Thanks,
Craig

Jimmy Wu

Basically if you didn't want to allow the user to delete, you would just leave out the delete page. If you are creating admin pages, you would want to add some security to the pages so that only admins can access the pages.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...