close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

my turn for it not to work -

Thread began 4/08/2010 3:11 pm by edrosenthal350859 | Last modified 4/16/2010 10:43 am by Jimmy Wu | 1827 views | 8 replies |

edrosenthal350859

my turn for it not to work -

hi - i've been using site import quite a lot and never had a problem until today.
i've removed the winfile-xxx-dat file and restarted cs4 with no luck.
since i also uninstalled and then reinstalled (downloaded and mxp was installed ok)
i expected to have to re-enter the serial number, but it never asked for that.
the menu "Site"->WebAssist Site Tools is empty in the dropdown, which is the first main feature of this problem. It is similar to the empty dropdown from the "File:->Site Import menu, where the various tools have been listed in the dropdown before, are now missing and that spot is empty.
I've checked out a few other WA extensions and they seem ok, but i haven't gone thru the entire list, that would take too much time for now.
any suggestions welcome!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Have you uninstalled or installed any other extensions recently?

Does the extension show up under the Help->WebAssist menu or does it not get installed there as well?

Do you get any popups or error messages when you are installing the extension?

edrosenthal350859

more information for this problem

i am including some snapshots to help give more info...

one is of the help-webassist list
another is of the file-siteimport-go menu from that choice.
and i also have an image of all tool extensions. i have not recently added any.
Since the original post i have added site assist, and was able to use it ok.
i also have cold booted and that also did not remedy the situation.

Jimmy Wu

Try renaming the configuration folder with Dreamweaver and extension manager closed. The configuration folder is the one that contains the winfile cache. This will have the result of disabling all your extensions. Then open up Extension Manager and remove Site Import and install it again. Open Dreamweaver again and See if Site Import is working correctly. If it isn't shut down Dreamweaver and Extension manager, delete the current Configuration folder and rename the old one back to Configuration. If its working, then you will have to install the extensions again.

edrosenthal350859

ok so far...

i renamed the directory as you suggested. I removed the site import ext. using adobe mxp manage without opening cs4.
Then i re-downloaded and installed...
I opened cs4 dw and site import worked again, as it and site report both came up in the dropdown.
i attach the current list of extensions recognized by the extension manager, which is probably the same list i sent earlier, although they are not checked off as enabled.
what can i expect from this list? will i have to remove and re-download the extensions or just check enabled to see them working. i should check myself before asking..
actually i checked just now and apparently some of the extensions will be enabled if they are found, without downloading. Some of them are not to be found by the extension manager, and will have to be downloaded.. thanks again.
thanks for your help.
actually i don't understand why any of the extensions would be listed, if it depends on the wincache... dat file, which it must surely not. how was the list constructed if it was, after renaming it? how does this whole thing work?

Jimmy Wu

The list is created by the configuration folder for the Extension Manager, which is a different directory from the configuration folder for Dreamweaver. Glad to see it is working again. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

edrosenthal350859

i will ( open new thread)

i am experiencing a new problem, the new thread will be quick_insert.htm error

alauddin1321941

site import - default download location

Hi,

I had the same problem when after fresh install and activation and Site Import Run - gave me no files.

After a few remove/reinstalls - I changed the default file location for download from C: root to My Document folder and everything just worked fine.

So...I problem was not the extension but - permission on Win7 to write to default C: folder location.

Hope it helps others.

Jimmy Wu

Thanks for the input on your experience. It definitely seems that it will be beneficial to other users.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...