close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Digital File Pro uploads in Ecart form not working

Thread began 4/06/2010 10:46 am by anonymous | Last modified 4/14/2010 2:20 pm by Eric Mittman | 1958 views | 6 replies |

anonymous

Digital File Pro uploads in Ecart form not working

Hi,

It seems that I've had this problem before and got it fixed via the old WA forum, so it may be an old issue, hopefully with the same easy fix.

I have a paid registration process for an arts organization. I'm using Ecart 5 to build the form that users, mostly talent agents or agencies, use to register their artists. Part of the registration requires uploading an image. I'm using DFP, the latest version that came bundled with UE4 to handle the uploads and manage the files.

The problem is that an agent can register more than one artist, which appear as items in their cart separately. All of the data except the DFP file input work fine. The file input field only saves the first entry, then all of the rest have the same file name. So, when a user registers more than one artist the image file name remains the same as the first image uploaded.

I seem to remember having to manually modify code to get this to work properly and it was a quick fix. In any case, I need some help on this quickly as the registration period is starting in a few days.

Also, it would be great if Ecart could handle a DFP input field as one of the editable field types. As it stands now DFP and Ecart don't work together without manually editing the code somehow. Please consider this a feature request for the next version of either Ecart or DFP, both great extensions......just need to get together on a few things!

Thanks for your help,

Tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you are adding artists to the cart to register are they all be added at once from a single page, or are they be added one at a time individually?

In your add to cart server behavior what do you have bound for the uploaded file column? Do you have a live page with this up where it can be seen?

anonymous

Ecart Setup

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I've been out for a few days.

I've attached a zip file with the application page, which contains the ecart add to cart form, and the confirmation page.

The way this works is that an agent logs in to the members section then accesses the showcase application. The application is basically an ecart add to cart form. So, to answer the first question, they are added to the cart individually.

All of the fields make it to the cart fine except for the image field. Once an application is complete it is added to the cart. There is a button on the cart page that allows them to add another artist application to their cart by filling out another application. This works fine as well, additional artists are added to the cart, but the image field does not get the file name from the additional applications, but somehow is keeping only the file name from the first application.

To answer the second question, the binding is:

<?php echo $WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"]; ?>

Anyway, hope this helps. Unfortunately, the site is live and the client does not want the application process interrupted, so I hope the attached files help. Please let me know if other files are needed.

Thanks,

Tony

Attached Files
Application.zip

Eric Mittman

The way that you have the add to cart setup seems fine to me. It looks like it should add the name of the uploaded image to the cart. Can you confirm that the additional images are getting uploaded to the server? In the add to cart server behavior you can try updating the trigger to be based on 'file upload successful'. This should prevent the add to cart from occurring if there are any problems with the upload.

You can also check on the value that is being inserted into the cart before the add to cart occurs by adding in this code just after line 174:

php:
die("the uploaded file is: " .$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"]);

anonymous

Uploaded Images

Hi Eric,

Actually, I forgot to add that the images are being uploaded to the server correctly. The file names just don't change as new artist applications are added. So it's not the uploading of the file, just that the filenames are not changing with each cart entry.

Am I using the correct server variable or parameter from the DFP options to grab the file name? Or, is there something about the file name session that is created when a file is uploaded that is causing the problem?

Seems like these two should work more closely together. Anyway, I can't really test it out right now. I was hoping something in the code would give us the answer. I( do really need to get this fixed because I have another application just like this where I need to have a file uploaded as part of a paid registration and I plan on using Ecart and DFP. Is there a way to make a DFP file input part of the editable options for cart forms?

Thanks again for the help and let me know if you need anything else to try and figure this out. It's not the uploading of files, that works fine, it's only the filename.

Tony

Eric Mittman

I would like to do some additional testing on this issue. I have opened a ticket for you on this, to update the ticket login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Eric Mittman

We were able to resolve this issue. The problem seems to be the binding that was being used in the store order details sever behavior on the confirm page.

You had the binding for this column set to the posted image element, it was updated to use the image column from your cart.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...