close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Different CSS styles for multile drop down menus

Thread began 4/02/2010 1:59 am by andrew.spackman382304 | Last modified 4/09/2010 3:12 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2325 views | 3 replies |

andrew.spackman382304

Different CSS styles for multile drop down menus

I have created a nav menu with a products drop down sub menu, i have changed the css so that the sub menu drops exactly where i want it, however when i add items to a different menu item i dont want the new sub menu to appear in the same place, is there a way i can add styles to the css or modify it to achieve this, if so what items would i need to copy and amend?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

You would have to apply the css changes to the new submenu as well. There's different css blocks similar to the one you probably modified for the different levels of menus. If you look in the menu.css file, you can see there is css for level-1, level-2 etc. These different levels specify the different submenu levels.

andrew.spackman382304

Many thanks for your reply, however this is the part i am stuck on. When i created the menu it saved two files for it, one was called ajxmenu.css and the other was ajxmenu.js.

When i opened up the .css file to modifiy the menu, i have lots of different classes etc which i am unsure as to what they are for. Also i am able to adjust the different submenu's i.e level-1 level -2 but what i want is two level-2 submenu's but with different properties.

Basically im looking to have one nav bar but i want all the submenu's to appear in the same place on the screen, this is where im stuck with knowing what css i need to copy or modify?

I hope this makes i little more sense.

Andrew

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what you mean by having the level 2 submenus show up in the same place. If they all show up in the same place, and the mouse isn't able to reach the menu, then the menu wouldn't be able to be used.

To change the level 2 menu item, all the css classes with level-2 will affect how the second level menu would show up.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...