close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Super Suite Questions

Thread began 3/30/2010 5:42 am by sales260649 | Last modified 4/01/2010 10:45 am by john.w260649 | 1313 views | 5 replies |

sales260649

Super Suite Questions

I have been asked to redesign a site...naturalhealthdirect.com, the site runs online ads from it's magazines which the user gets free, they go to upgrade.php to upgrade their advert, when the form is complete it generates a random Unique Id number which they keep, it also gets emaild to the admin, who login to the admin panel where they can input the number, find the add and then publish it, on the front page it grabs randon ads and displays them.

What I want to know is if I buy the super suite, will it be able to import the site, re theme it, including getting rid of the awful iframe, the current site was built in frontpage 5 i believe, and wrk with the mysql database still...

so basically taking the current html/php mixed site with mysql, import it, retheme/design it and everything will still work as it does now...

I did send an email 3 days ago but no reply, this is pretty urgent..

thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Generally speaking you can alter a site's design without having much effect on the functionality. However if you did alter any of the functionality you could potentially cause it to not work.

It would be best to evaluate the current state of the site and to also determine exactly how you would like it to be, then come up with a strategy based on that. The design stuff should not affect the sites functionality, but if you wanted to alter any of the existing functionality you would essentially be recreating it with the tools in Super Suite.

I would definitely suggest that before you start this you create a good backup of the current site, then when modifying it try to update just one thing at a time and do testing to determine if it working out.

john.w260649

It's the design that's the main thing, the database structure will stay the same with some content changes, i.e drop down menu's, changing the content of, plus the admin backend, but mainly the design to get rid of the iframe and bring the site into the 21st century..lol

So which product would you recommend for this....If i purchased the supersuite and couldn't achieve what I wanted with it, would the 15 day money back stand..

john.w260649

I really need to know guys...I don't want to shell out if I can't get the money back if it doesn't do as I need...

thanks

Eric Mittman

You would still have the 15 days if you purchased Super Suite. If you did not want it within that time you would need to contact sales to process the refund. I'm not sure if you have seen it but we also have just a design suite as well, here is a link to more info on it:

css-design-suite/

john.w260649

Thanks Eric, the supersuite is better value, I hope I can acheive the goal i'm after...

thanks again

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...