close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SA Pro won't install

Thread began 3/25/2010 5:29 pm by Peter | Last modified 3/29/2010 7:48 am by Ray Borduin | 1856 views | 9 replies |

Peter

SA Pro won't install

I have tried repeatedly to install the latest ver. 1.0.7 but for some reason it will not complete the install. It acts like it's installing the extension in Adobe Extension Manager (CS4) but then isn't there after it appears to be finished. I've tried shutting down DW and EM several times and re-starting. I've deleted the win cache file. None of these solves the problem and now I'm also getting several error messages when I start DW (attached). Please advise.

p.s. I tried opening DW again and received an entirely new error message:
"The following translators were not loaded due to errors: WA_forms.htm: Has configuration information that is invalid"

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you may have uninstalled an old version after installing the new one, or it wasn't installed properly.

I'd completely remove and reinstall the extension, then clear the winfilecache.dat file and it should start working for you.

Please post back if that doesn't work and we can work with you directly to diagnose the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Peter

I uninstalled the older version before trying to install the latest. I thought that was the recommended procedure. Should I try re-installing the older one and try to do something from there?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No that should have worked. It is behaving as if you uninstalled the older version AFTER installing the new one.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the new one. I'll create a support incident in the meantime so we can call you and investigate further.

Peter

OK. There really nothing to uninstall, which is the problem. Nothing showing up in the extension manager. My hours probably won't match up with WA's support hours for a call. Will likely need to resolve via a tech support incident.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think you may need to delete your configuration folder and reinstall the extensions you want to use.

first close Dreamweaver, then

In explorer type: %appdata%

Then browse to the dreamweaver version you are using and find the configuration folder under it.... rename it to configuration_old

Now open extension manager and remove all the extensions listed, then install any that you want. Then let me know if you have any problems from there and we can get on the phone to connect with you.

Peter

Ugh I followed your instructions, then tried re-installing SA Pro 1.0.7 first and same result. Appears to be installing but nothing showing in extension manager.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have never heard of that... Update your open support incident with contact information and we can review it over the phone while screen sharing.

Unless you are overlooking something it really sounds like it could be a problem with your Dreamweaver or extension manager installation and it may requiring reinstalling those adobe tools to get working.

Since it is late in the week we probably won't be able to call you until monday, so you might want to try a Dreamweaver reinstall over the weekend.

Peter

I completely uninstalled DW (ugh again), reinstalled, tried reinstalling the extension and same result. I downloaded the extension again from the WA site and tried installing that with same result. I decided I would try to re-install the earlier version of SA pro that I had which was 1.0.4. It installed just fine. I tried to install 1.0.7 over the earlier version, no change... it's still 1.0.4. Seems like an extension problem, doesn't it?
postscript: One additional observation that I don't know if it adds much. When the 1.0.7 appears to be installing, no boxes ever come up like the one for accepting the license agreement or asking if I want to do "Yes (or No) to all"

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll open a support incident so that we can look into this issue with you directly. Thank you for your patience. Please update the support incident in your support history at the webassist web site. Include a phone number and a good time to contact you and we can try to debug this issue further over the phone.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...