close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE 4.0 - with file upload capabilities

Thread began 3/25/2010 11:31 am by larsentim278054 | Last modified 3/26/2010 8:35 am by Ray Borduin | 823 views | 3 replies |

larsentim278054

UE 4.0 - with file upload capabilities

Hi - I recently bought the upgrade to UE 4.0 because of the file upload/attachment capabilities...

This is the scenario that I would like to implement. I have a small store. It's not physical products - just "jobs" that people can purchase from my outsourcers. So imagine someone coming in - creating an account while ordering a job (using PowerStore). It will email the order to the outsourcer. When they are done - I'd like them to be able to login, and upload that customer, their finished report (via email and attachment, or via uploading the file on my server and notifying the customer where it is via email <-- this would be preferred).

Is this possible with UE 4.0? Can it work like this? Let my outsourcer log in, and email a customer that's in my database, a report/file?

How complicated would this be? I've used your tools for awhile now, so I have experience using the tools - just not so much with PHP (manually)...

Could you give me some steps to get this implemented?

Thank you!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should be pretty easy. Set up the pages, forms, and workflow without email and then add the email capability at the end.

I would do it in the order you describe:

creating an account while ordering a job (using PowerStore).

It will email the order to the outsourcer.

When they are done - I'd like them to be able to login, and upload that customer, their finished report (via email and attachment, or via uploading the file on my server and notifying the customer where it is via email <-- this would be preferred).

Let my outsourcer log in, and email a customer that's in my database, a report/file?  

so start by allowing someone to create an account... once that is done make it so it emails the outsourcer... then create a way for the outsourcer to come back in to reply... on that page you will have a file upload and email.

Really the steps are to follow the steps that you want people to go through and make it work.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

larsentim278054

Well - Okay, here are the steps...

Someone visits the page - they see the job/product they want. They click buy now. Using Powerstore - they have to create an account to purchase, correct? Even through Paypal? So lets say they purchase product #1 and they do it through paypal.. They create their account, make the purchase... the email gets sent to the outsourcer.

The outsource logs in, and goes to page where I have a file upload and email. Can UE 4.0 allow the outsource to upload the file to my server in a custom folder (just for that customer) and have it email the customer the link to their product/job? Would it be possible to make them login before downloading the file?

This seems more complicated than you make it sound?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Take it one step at a time so that you don't overcomplicate it.

1) Someone visits the page - they see the job/product they want.

Do you have that working? if not, start with that

2) They click buy now. Using Powerstore - they have to create an account to purchase

True... do you have this working? This is the next step.

3) the email gets sent to the outsourcer.

This is the next step... setting up the outsourcer email... don't go to the next step until you have this one done.

4) The outsourcer logs in, and goes to a page where they can see their orders.

Do this next.

Now you have questions "can UE send an email with an attachment from this page"... no problem. I think your trouble will be getting to this step, not accomplishing it with UE.

Take it one step at a time and don't get too far ahead of yourself. If you don't know how to do step 5, complete steps 1-4 first and it might just fall into place.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...