close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Non standard Installation Wizard

Thread began 3/25/2010 8:44 am by mwbsc219443 | Last modified 4/29/2010 6:30 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2200 views | 7 replies |

mwbsc219443

Non standard Installation Wizard

Dear Tech Support WebAssist,

Recently I bought from you Power Store 3, upgrading my current Power Store 2. With one key intention/objective that I will use Power Store 3 for non credit card store payment transaction. For the time being, I need to receive only payment by check/money order, during check out sequences. However because during installing the program, "standard wizard" request us to have contact with credit card providers i.e. Paypal, Master, Visa etc. and provide related information to finish the wizard installation sequence, because of this, until today my Power Store 3 installation is unsuccessful.

My question:

Will it be possible to skip the request of any credit card related requirement, to install the product?.
Reading Power Store 3 feature; to my understanding one of Power Store 3 feature enable us to offer "product list", "add to cart" etc. doing "indirect online transaction", using email as communication with prospect customer/s, receive payment by check or money order.
We need to do this because our products need further to be discussed, negotiated, prepared and ship.

Can you help me to achieve the above objective?.

I am looking forward to hear from you through my email address mwbsc@canby.com or call me if necessary.

Regards,
Budhi
M&W Building Supply Co.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

In the Step 5 of the installation wizard, you can just select None. You are correct, you don't need to have payment gateway to use PowerStore 3.

mwbsc219443

Modifying standard header, index, and menu of Power Store 3

Dear Dani,

Thank you so much for your prompt response of my earlier email, I had installed Power Store 3 with indirect credit card payment as per your guidance successfully.

My next question regarding "how in making changes" to Header, Menu, and Index content which will be different from Power Store 3 standard.

Can you let me know what related development products of WebAssist can be used for these purpose?

Are there any online documentation/instructions which I can read?

Thank you for your attention upon my question, and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regard,

Budhi
M&W Building Supply Co.

Dani Chankhour

In regard to Changing the header or the Styles in general I recommend the Theme-it Extension which allows you to make images and css color updates. This will help in customizing PowerStore. In regard to updating the content, there is Content Management System (CMS) that is shipped with PowerStore:

cms_index.php

You can go there and make update to some of the content areas that are managed in PowerCMS.

mwbsc219443

How about the Menu changes...?

Thanks, Dani

I have purchased Theme It and start using it.
Meanwhile one of my question which has not yet answered, is how about changing Menu part, not the color but the button itself.

Can I use "Menu Writer 2" for the purpose?
If so, where can I read the tutorial?

Thanks,

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Budhi.

Dani Chankhour

Yes, you can use Menu Writer to update the PowerStore menu.

You will need to create a site for PowerStore where the CSSMenuWriter folder is at the root of your site. Then open the Templates folder, and open the Main.dwt.php file. Click on the Menu in Design View and Then in the Property Inspector (Window -> Properties), you should see three buttons. click the edit Theme button to make changes to the design of the menu.

We don't have a doc for updating the powerstore menu, but here is a link to the MenuWriter support page:

css-menu-writer/

let me know if you have any other questions.

mwbsc219443

Forgot my Admin Password

Hello Dhani,

Thank you for your guidance regarding changing Power Store 3 standard menu.

I just come back from long vocation in my installation progress of Power Store 3 and when I want to login toward my "in progress PowerStore3 installation" I got problem all password/username/emailaddress combination which I remember and used did not work at all!!!.

What should I do to overcome this situation.?
I have looked at my user table of PowerStore3 but could not see my admin password there....

Thank you so much for your help for this problem I am facing.

Note:
If your answer is sensitive information, you can email me at frans@canby.com

Regards,
Budhi

Dani Chankhour

Instead of looking the users table, look in the wa_settings table. there you will find the admin user name and admin password that you have used during the installation.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...