close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

USPS in eCart 4.5.2 dropped shipping charge

Thread began 3/24/2010 5:46 pm by anonymous | Last modified 3/29/2010 9:19 am by Ray Borduin | 948 views | 3 replies |

anonymous

USPS in eCart 4.5.2 dropped shipping charge

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this. Occassionally the shipping is getting left off the order when it is passed to paypal standard. (like only twice) It seems like it's related to heavier orders. Most order ship under first class parcel because they are less than 13 ounces. Some heavier orders go through fine. I've even tried replicating the items in the cart and I can't make it repeat. I've quized the buyers and they didn't have any unusual events during purchase. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This is not anything that I have encountered myself but like you mentioned there could be something for orders that are meeting a particular criteria. It can be very difficult to track down sporadic issues, if there is a problem with the weight or something like that you should be able to get it down to a set of steps that can reproduce the issue. This will be the key to determining what the problem could be.

If you expect it to be a weight related issue try adding an extremely high value for the weight in the cart, you could set the quantity to a high value for a heavy item.

If the issue is just a random occurrence you will not be able to make it repeat with any regularity. You mentioned that this has only happened a couple of times, how many orders have you processed in relation to the bad shipping value orders?

anonymous

Hundreds have processed and I've only seen two that failed to add shipping. I agree replication is the key but so far no luck. I see it as one of two things. Either the user is somehow manipulating the purchase, either intentionally or unintentionally in a way I haven't thought about with this result OR I have a flaw in the code somewhere. I was suspecting the weight as the issue but it must be something else in combination because I can't replicate it with weight alone. I can't even replicate it by repeating the exact same purchases as the original two failures. Very strange. Driving me crazy.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Maybe a difference between express checkout and using your checkout form? You could try adding a few more fields to the orders table. Maybe one to identify whether they are using express checkout or not... who are you using as your shipping provider? How do you calculate shipping?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...