close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email 4 - No more Plain text emails?

Thread began 3/21/2010 3:48 pm by The Laptop Doctor | Last modified 3/22/2010 7:36 am by Ray Borduin | 1056 views | 3 replies |

The Laptop Doctor

Universal Email 4 - No more Plain text emails?

I have just upgraded from 3.07 to 4 and I no longer have the option for plain text emails! All I get is html!!!

Please tell me you can somehow use plain text still?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It automatically generates a plain text version based on the contents of the html.

If you do an html version that doesn't include any tags, that will be used as both the html and plain text email.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

The Laptop Doctor

Thanks Ray, problem is it doesnt keep the line breaks or anything - before it worked fine :(

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should keep the line breaks, unless you are viewing the html version. Are you using a text-only email client?

I think we replace <br> tags with line breaks for the text only version... try adding <br> tags where you want line breaks.

The way it works is that if you view the email with a viewer that supports html, you get the html version, if you are using plain-text only client, you get the plain text version.

If you aren't happy with that I can work with you and show you a couple of ways to work around the problem in a support ticket. Let me know if you think that is necessary and we can add an incident for you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...