close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

A few errors

Thread began 3/17/2010 4:48 pm by roger399534 | Last modified 5/11/2010 6:22 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3168 views | 10 replies |

roger399534

A few errors

Hi all. I just installed PowerStore 3 onto a testing subdomain on our server. Now it's a Windows server but it did pass all the pre installation checks. When it came to the database I assigned the correct privileges and it installed tables but fell over at "CREATE VIEW command denied to user '***********' for table 'ps3_coupondelete". So I ran the patch for the CREATE VIEW error and all is good.

So I installed the site and then jumped into the admin area, had a look around and then logged out. After logging out however I can no longer get into the backend as it stalls at Admin/index.php?accesscheck=%2FAdmin%2Fhome.php despite entering the correct username and password.

Also need to know if there is a hack for Australian shops where GST needs to be displayed along with an ABN.

Thanks
Roger

Sign in to reply to this post

aremdee

One down

Let me have a crack at answering at least one of the questions. Seems the best way to log into the backed (for me at present anyway) is to provide a bogus password, submit that, get the error and then submit the correct one. Not sure if this is a bug (no one else is complaining so I would assume not ) or a setup issue.

As for the hack for Australia, I'll just have to learn patience.

Roger

Eric Mittman

I'm glad to hear you can login to your admin area. Do you have this problem with multiple browsers?

As for the hack you talk about could you elaborate on this, I'm not familiar with the GST and ABN.

aremdee

Hi Eric,

I spoke to soon. Now I can't get back in. I'm using Firefox but the same thing happens in IE. Is there supposed to be a redirect when I authenticate? If so then that's not happening. As I stated earlier when I use the correct username and password and press login, I just get this string in the address bar following the domain name "/Admin/index.php?accesscheck=%2FAdmin%2Fhome.php". The username and password fields clear also. Not sure if it's a cookie issue or something else. The trick I tried earlier didn't work the second time.

As for GST and ABN, the Australian Tax Office require that a registered business have an ABN or Australian Business Number. GST is a Goods and Services Tax which is 10% and I know I can set that rate but if we are going to generate a Tax Invoice it will need to show the ABN and GST. That's why I was wondering if there is a hack or someway to add it to the program.

Thanks
Roger

Eric Mittman

I have seen reports of issues like this and it seems to be related to session management. You can create a phpinfo page and check the session hander and save path to see if you have valid values for these. Also, there is a set of test pages that you can use to test out your session as well. This info can be found in post #20, here is a link back to it:

showpost.php?p=46636&postcount=200

Please check on these settings to see if they are configured properly and also do a test of the pages to determine if you have sessions working properly. Please post back and let us know what you experience.

As for the ABN and GST you can alter the email template for the receipt and add in your ABN there for reference. The receipt should show the tax if you have set it up this way with eCart.

aremdee

Thanks for your response Eric. It appears that the link to post#20 is broken. I've created an info.php page and the screen grab of the output is attached. Any other information needed? I can't see any problem but I'm no guru.

Thanks
Roger

Eric Mittman

The settings look ok to me, but if you are having problems with the session then there must still be a problem. Here is a link to that post that was referenced earlier:

showpost.php?p=46636&postcount=20

In this post you will find a test set of pages that you can use to test out sessions on your site. Give this a try to see if you are having session based issues.

aremdee

Hi Eric,

session_test.php loaded fine and clicking the link on that page sent me to session_test2.php which I think indicates that sessions are working as expected. I did notice though that it writes out the admin username and password from my installation session (yes that's right, I deleted everything and started again). When I go through the installation procedure there is no issue with getting into the admin section from the last step. It's only if I log out then try and log back in that the problem occurs.

What I did this time though was to change the admin password from what I initially set to something different after I reached the admin section during install. Now I clicked Save Changes (after changing the password) and then I checked to see what that did in the database. Using MySQL Administrator I looked up the table wa_settings prior to the change and viewed the password that I initially put in (not sure if it's a secure thing having a readable password - have you thought about using MD5 hashing to oscure it?), then checked again after I changed it. Guess what, no change. So it seems that the script isn't writing to the database once I'm logged in. It writes the data correctly during installaion but stops after that.

Unfortunately I can't log out then log back in to see if that changes things.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Roger.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for reporting back with your results. It seems strange that you are not able to update the password once you are logged in. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that it can be looked into further. To check the status of your ticket or update it login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

aremdee

Hi Eric,

Am still waiting for tech support. In the meantime I made a change to the database as per this thread showthread.php?t=11496. As I still couldn't log into the backend I commented out line 6 in Admin/index.php. Tried to login and got a different error message but all the menu items were available so I clicked settings and I was there. I then made a change to the administrator password and guess what it saved. It's not a glamorous hack but it means I can now get in and start customising things till the techies sort it out.

Regards
Roger

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...