close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Header already sent error.

Thread began 3/12/2010 8:55 pm by fmcmaye260919 | Last modified 3/14/2010 2:27 pm by Office Guy-172461 | 2082 views | 5 replies |

fmcmaye260919

Header already sent error.

I keep getting this error from the Test Server (localhost/website) on every link I click:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\africabizconnect\sellingleads.php:3) in C:\xampp\htdocs\africabizconnect\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\africabizconnect\sellingleads.php:3) in C:\xampp\htdocs\africabizconnect\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 9

But it is exactly the same website on my remote server, and I don't get this error from my remote (www.website.com).

I have looked at the code a hundred times; eliminated all white spaces, etc.

I need help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

I suspect you are using a Linux remote server and a Windows testing server.
Check for cr/ln at the end of the files.

fmcmaye260919

Header already sent error

Yes, it's linux remote, and Windows test server, but I have been using the same setup for three years and never had this problem. The only difference now is that I am using xampp server instead of one I set up myself, and I have implemented the Web Assist Contact Form Solution.

Also, I downloaded the site from my Linux server that is live. It works just fine there. Now I have over two thousand pages on this site, and every single page now comes up with this warning. Do I have to go into every single page and eliminate extra lines? That's what seems to fix it.

Oh, also, I have just updated all the Web Assist Extensions to the latest, and I am running on Window 7....my latest update to the Linux server was from an XP machine that crashed, so I lost the original site that I uploaded to the Linux server, that is still working.

Any idea what's going on?

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:
flip/

The difference is that before you copied from Windows to Linux (which made the conversion) and now from Linux to Windows (which didn't make the conversion).

fmcmaye260919

Thank you. I understand now. Still I don't know how to fix it. Should I download the flip utility and run it? Which one? The Linux one or the Window one? Is there a step by step instruction on how to go about doing this? Also, I didn't see one for Windows 7; I only see one for XP.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Office Guy-172461

The Windows XP version should work. I don't do Windows 7 so I can't tell for sure.

Create a working folder and download the flip program into the new folder. Copy a few files from you site into this directory for testing.

Go to the command prompt (dos) and type this command (assuming you have a file called test.php):

flip -t test.php

This will tell you what the current file type is.

To change it to Unix type:

flip - u test.php

To change it to DOS type:

flip - d test.php

Unfortunately it does not understand wild cards, so you will have to repeat for each file. Use the up arrow to bring back the last command entered and backspace over the last file name and use the tab key to cycle through file names.

If you have a lot of files you might want to do them in batches, moving the finished ones to a different folder, and copying news ones in for processing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...