close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can DFP do this without DataAssist

Thread began 3/11/2010 6:06 pm by brett171768 | Last modified 3/15/2010 9:50 am by Jason Byrnes | 1682 views | 5 replies |

brett171768

Can DFP do this without DataAssist

Can I not upload a file/graphic in conjuction with the CS4 update/insert record behavior?

Thanks

Brett

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No.

When a file is uploaded, DFP Creates a variable that contains the server file name.

The Dreamweaver Insert and Update record behaviors are limited in that they will only allow you to get information from form element. It will not allow for getting the server file name variable created by DFP.

brett171768

Jason,

It would have been nice if that information was listed on any/all of the marketing material for DFP.

Here is the copy from the DPF home page:

"Digital File Pro allows you to add server file upload capabilities to any form on your website. Perhaps you want to give prospective employees the ability to upload a resume when applying for a job on your site, or maybe you are a recording studio that wants to give musicians the ability to upload their digital recordings on the web. Regardless of your need, let Digital File Pro help take the guesswork out of applying file upload to your site."

Based on your example, a prospective employee uploading a resume without associating that upload with some kind of database record would be pointless. Without knowing what the prospective named the file and having FTP access, there is no way to find and connect that resume with a prospect without using a database.

I think the sales copy is a bit misleading.

The extension is basically useless to me when without being able to associate an upload with a record in a database.

Short of having to purchase DataAssist, what are my options? Can I get a refund?

Thanks

Brett

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I see you purchased DFP on the 8th, so you are within the 15 day refund period.

Contact our sales depart at sales[at]webassist.com and they will be able to offer a refund.

office377308

he gave a good point here

sorry to jump into this since I have purchased both extensions, but brett171768 has a good point here.

It would be easy if there was a note something like:

"system requirements"

and maybe

"options in order to achieve..."

this would help to prevent frustration among clients.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

feedback noted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...