close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic List

Thread began 5/17/2009 6:34 pm by lee266802 | Last modified 8/20/2009 4:00 am by ijs174940 | 4217 views | 8 replies |

lee266802

Dynamic List

How would you set up a dynamic list similar to ADDT Dynamic List Wizard using DataAssist?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I am not familiar with ADDT dynamic list wizard. What does it do and what is it used for?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

lee266802

From the ADDT help files:

"What this list offers above a standard dynamic table, is the possibility to filter and order the content, as well as automatically generated links to the corresponding Dynamic form, allowing you to add a new record, update or delete an existing one much more easier. Ordering the list can be done after any of the fields that are displayed, simply by clicking on the column title. An arrow, pointing either up or down indicates the sort manner: ascending or descending."

It generates a page style list, you can set how many records per page and can filter on any of the column headings.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Webassist does not offer a directly comperable product to this.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

fernando.delgado261578

ADDT was the best extension ever created for DW dynamic list & form management. I've migrated from Interakt to WA and I feel really happy here now.

This is just my opinion, with all respect. :)

lee266802

As Adobe are dropping development of ADDT, I have decided that I'ld better find an alternative. I'm struggleing a bit with a lot of the WA extensions, they don't seem to do a 1/4 of what you can do with ADDT. Anyway, this is not about ADDT, I'm sure as they are developed further (WA extensions) they will get better.

B Tonkin

Manual Sorting

Did you 'sort' out your problem, Lee? I've got a very similar issue, having gone from Interakt to the Developer Toolbox and now using Web Assist. I'm trying to create my own CMS without using ADDT and I'm stumped on setting up a DataAssist created system to be able to manually sort records like what the Interakt / ADDT extension could do. It'd be quite useful for WA to include something similar with what DataAssist can do.

lee266802

Originally Said By: Baboosi
  Did you 'sort' out your problem, Lee? I've got a very similar issue, having gone from Interakt to the Developer Toolbox and now using Web Assist. I'm trying to create my own CMS without using ADDT and I'm stumped on setting up a DataAssist created system to be able to manually sort records like what the Interakt / ADDT extension could do. It'd be quite useful for WA to include something similar with what DataAssist can do.  

No I didn't. As far as I can see, the only way you can do this sort of functionality is to code it yourself by hand. I would love to something similar developed by the WA team.

ijs174940Beta Tester

need this more urgent now

I agree this feature really set the dynamic list/Nextensio apart from any extension I have seen before and since.

This has not become a priority for me as ADDT is not php5.3 compatable, please please please WA can you add this functionality into dataassist.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...