close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerGallery Questions about testing & uploading & branding

Thread began 3/03/2010 10:49 am by info355813 | Last modified 3/03/2010 11:55 am by Jimmy Wu | 1005 views | 1 replies |

info355813

PowerGallery Questions about testing & uploading & branding

I have a few questions re: PowerGallery.

1) I want to brand the whole thing with my company logo etc. take off all the webassist stuff and the "feedback" link change to my site. I know how to do all that. If I set up powergallery on my testing server & install it, change everything I want to brand it to my company, will I then be able to use that site/all the files as a template to install it on whatever sites I want for clients? Obviously instead of having to change everything to my brand for each site I want to install it on. How do I go about doing this to only have to brand it once and then use that for all my clients when needed?

2) If I am setting up a site locally on my test server (MAMP - Mac), import all the pictures for galleries, watermarks, intergrate it into sites by embedding the PHP code into each site page that I want the galleries on, can I then upload everything to my real hosting account online, export the gallery DB from my local test server using PhpMyAdmin, & import the DB into the live hosting account? Or will I have to reinstall powergallery, and add all the images again & embed it into the site again? I do this all the time with PowerCMS and User Registration, setup and test locally then just upload and copy the DB over. How would I do this with powergallery easily where I can setup and test locally then upload to the web? I notice locally to embed it I get code like this...
<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gallery/galleries/grid_lightbox/index.php');
?>

would I have to go through and edit all the paths on my site to reflect the proper paths where powergallery is located on the live server? Will powergallery know the new paths if I were to upload it to the live server and add even more pictures and galleries? Basically I need to know how I should setup the whole thing locally & test it (just as I do with other sites and your other pre-built php soltions) and then what steps need to be taken to then upload everything and get everything how it was setup locally (i.e. galleries integrated into pages as were locally, different galleries and watermarks etc., keep it all the SAME). I think you get what I'm trying to explain. Please let me know. Thanks so much!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, you will just have to make the changes on the default files after you download them. Then when installing a new file, you would just upload these modified files and the pages should be branded already.

As for uploading the files after testing locally, you should keep the relative paths the same. You may have to update the connections file for the database on your server. As always, if you run into any issues while moving the files, you can always post here in the forums and we'll give you any help we can with it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...