close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Not able to edit shipping page footer

Thread began 3/02/2010 2:40 pm by tonygmg362159 | Last modified 3/03/2010 9:39 am by carlene | 1913 views | 7 replies |

tonygmg362159

Not able to edit shipping page footer

Hi People, I am trying to edit the footer of the pages in such pages like shipping, faq, support ect, however the comments seem to be locked and i cannot edit them is there a way around this? I have changed it on the main home page ect but doesnt pick up in the shipping page?

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Are you doing this through the Content Management system in the Admin pages?

Content > View Edit Content

and scroll down to:

Page Name: Main Template
Content Area: Footer

And click 'Edit'

You may find it easier to click the 'Source' button in the editor toolbar to see how the footer links are formatted.

Apologies if this is what you are aleady trying, but thought I'd check.

tonygmg362159

Yes iv tried that but not working, its actually the copyright thing at the bottom of the page i am trying to edit but cannot get into it :(

neilo

Then open your 'Main.dwt.php' file in the Templates folder, remove or change that line of text and then save the document.

It will ask you if you want to update the pages based on that template (32), just click 'yes' and re-upload those pages.

tonygmg362159

and without

Hi Neil, i got into the templates page and i edited it but when i upload it and refresh the page it doesnt seem to have worked do you have any other idea's?

neilo

Hi Tony,

That's odd, that should have done it.

Just to be sure we're doing the same steps, here's what I would normally do. Again, apologies if this is what you have already tried.

In Dreamweaver, open your local site that has all the Powerstore folders and files in it. If you haven't created a local site for these in Dreamweaver, then you can just quickly create one now.

Then follow the steps in my last post. When you have made changes to your main template page, and click 'save', Dreamwever should ask you if you want to update all the other pages based on this template. Click OK.

DW updates the other pages with your changes. You then need to re-upload all the changed pages to your remote server (you don't need to upload the template, but it's fine if you do).

tonygmg362159

Hi Neil, it may be my error i havent set a local site with all the folders, i just downloaded the template from the server and then re-uploaded it. I will make a local site and then make the changes and then let you know what happens. Thanks

carleneBeta Tester

Originally Said By: tonygmg362159
  Hi Neil, it may be my error i havent set a local site with all the folders, i just downloaded the template from the server and then re-uploaded it. I will make a local site and then make the changes and then let you know what happens. Thanks  

Tony - some of us are having the same problems with modifying that template, see these threads...

showthread.php?t=10734

showthread.php?t=10352&page=2

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...