close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

JavaScript error - ThemeIt won't run

Thread began 2/27/2010 9:57 pm by paulshoe379536 | Last modified 3/05/2010 8:36 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3573 views | 8 replies |

paulshoe379536

JavaScript error - ThemeIt won't run

I have installed, unistalled and deleted the WinFileCache multiple times. I don't seem to be getting anything but errors after I enter the serial number.

Guidance please... errors shown on the jpg screen captures attached...

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Have you tried renaming your configuration folder:

146/

paulshoe379536

delete configuration folder

I'm not sure I want to do that much work. I have several plugins installed, everything else is working fine.

I did find that I could get it to open on some sites but not others. Although, when I updated a page with ThemeIt and then tried to reopen ThemeIt on the same page, I got a JavaScript error again. If I close and reopen DW then it will work one time again.

Dani Chankhour

I understand. Can you send me a copy of your page with the include files where you are getting the javascript errors consistently so i can debug this issue a little further.

Thanks.

paulshoe379536

here's the code from the page that I referenced last time, there's not much to it... I tried it both with and without the php include...

------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
font: 100% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
background: #666666;666;666;666;666;666;666;
margin: 0; /* it's good practice to zero the margin and padding of the body element to account for differing browser defaults */
padding: 0;
text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
color: #000000;
}
.oneColFixCtr #container {
width: 780px; /* using 20px less than a full 800px width allows for browser chrome and avoids a horizontal scroll bar */
background: #FFFFFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;
margin: 0 auto; /* the auto margins (in conjunction with a width) center the page */
border: 1px solid #000000;
text-align: left; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
}
.oneColFixCtr #mainContent {
padding: 0 20px; /* remember that padding is the space inside the div box and margin is the space outside the div box */
}
#navigation {
height: 30px;
padding-left: 150px;
background-color: #666666;666;666;666;666;666;
border: 2px dotted #999999;FFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;FFF;
}
-->
</style>
<script src="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body class="oneColFixCtr">

<div id="container">
<?php include('menu.inc.php'); ?>
<div id="mainContent">
<h1> Main Content </h1>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio. Donec et ipsum et sapien vehicula nonummy. Suspendisse potenti. Fusce varius urna id quam. Sed neque mi, varius eget, tincidunt nec, suscipit id, libero. In eget purus. Vestibulum ut nisl. Donec eu mi sed turpis feugiat feugiat. Integer turpis arcu, pellentesque eget, cursus et, fermentum ut, sapien. Fusce metus mi, eleifend sollicitudin, molestie id, varius et, nibh. Donec nec libero.</p>
<h2>H2 level heading </h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent aliquam, justo convallis luctus rutrum, erat nulla fermentum diam, at nonummy quam ante ac quam. Maecenas urna purus, fermentum id, molestie in, commodo porttitor, felis. Nam blandit quam ut lacus. Quisque ornare risus quis ligula. Phasellus tristique purus a augue condimentum adipiscing. Aenean sagittis. Etiam leo pede, rhoncus venenatis, tristique in, vulputate at, odio.</p>
<!-- end #mainContent --></div>
<!-- end #container --></div>
</body>
</html>

-----------------------------------------------

Dani Chankhour

Thanks.

I was able to confirm the issue you are having with Theme-it and i have already logged a bug and the fix will be included in the next dot release which is probably going to be released soon.

Thanks.

shadow329043

Include me in those users with the wa_managetheme.htm problem. I deleted the cache file but don't want to disable ALL the extensions and reinstall - too much work - any news on a fix?

Shadow

paulshoe379536

I have remove the ThemeIt extension but now everytime I open Dreamweaver I get an error message that says:

"Unable to find WA_themeit.htm in the Configuration/Floaters directory. The floater will not be shown."

How do I remove all of ThemeIt's related files and get rid of this error?

Dani Chankhour

This is a bug with DW, because it remembers all the windows you have opened the last time you opened DW. After you uninstall Theme-it browse to this location:

C:\Users\<Your UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\Workspace

And delete the Designer.xml, and then open DW again. This should clear the error.

In regard to the other issue you had, we released a dot release 1.0.1 and the fix to your issue should be included in that build.

Let me know if you still have any other questions.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...