close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editing the meny

Thread began 2/23/2010 3:29 pm by balexander389215 | Last modified 2/24/2010 3:56 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1045 views | 3 replies |

balexander389215

Editing the meny

I am attempting to edit the menu in main.dwt in ps3 and am having the same problem that I see many others are having. What I get is:

The Database Connection(s) required for this content do not exist in this site. Please create the following connections to use this preset:

Connection: PowerStoreConnection
================================
Table: categories
Columns: CategoryName, CategoryID, CategoryParent

did I upload something wrong? what should I change...any help is appreciated.

and it goes into a continuous loop so I have to kill the process. I have tried moving the menustyle.xml from CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_admin to CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home directory only to discover that it was already there. I moved the copy over anyway just in case. I disabled some extensions, deleted the wincachefile, then tried to edit the menu in another site I have developed (not powerstore). It worked fine so back to ps3 and ...nope same problem.

Any other suggestions? How have the others resolved it?

For now all I want to do is change the padding and maybe the font size on the dropdowns. I could do that by hand if I know where. Is it done in both the admin and home menu.css?

However there may be other things I want to edit and would love to know what I'm missing here. I notice something about changing a couple of lines back in the menu.php but mine look like the suggestions right now so I haven't reached that stage yet.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is a fixed file attached to this post:
showpost.php?p=42499&postcount=6

balexander389215

Thank you Jason,

Replacing the xml file did the job. What I want to edit is the hover drowdown for Product. I have so many categories that the list drops below the bottom of the screen and the last third of the list is not visible. This does not really look good. What I was hoping to do is to keep 'Search' and 'Show all products.'

However I wanted to add one or two more categories to the dropdown, 'New Products,' and 'Discounted Products,' which are two of my categories and perhaps a couple of others. I can leave the left menu for the whole category list.

Would this be a difficult change and do you have any idea how I would go about it?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to hand code the few categories you wish to include.

Before making any changes, view source on a power store page so you can see the link code that is generated for the categories you wish to keep.

When you are editing the menu, set the link to be the same as what was in the source code.

For example, I have a category called One, in the source code for the menu, I see it is created as:

<li class="parent"><a href="/ps3/Products_Results.php?Search=1&ProductCategoryID[]=1">one</a>

so to add this back as a static link in my menu, I would set the name to One and the link to:
/ps3/Products_Results.php?Search=1&ProductCategoryID[]=1

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...