close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3 Testing Server Problems

Thread began 2/19/2010 11:08 am by markymark44 | Last modified 3/02/2010 2:57 pm by Dani Chankhour | 3357 views | 16 replies |

markymark44

PowerStore 3 Testing Server Problems

I installed PowerStore 3 online successfully; then downloaded a copy of the entire site to
my computer with the idea of setting it up on a testing server and making changes to it and reuploading, but I can't get the testing server set up properly. I set up PowerStore 2 with no problems but am stuck.

Help!

Sign in to reply to this post

dennis372614

settinp up Power Store locally,

Had you created the database in MySQL?

You have to do a local install, first creating a local empty database, so Power Store can set up. I would use xaamp for your local server, then do the install, from local host.

Dennis
there are many answers here in the forums! on this

markymark44

I have done a clean install through localhost with a new empty database using XAMPP..everything went perfect, no errors..if I browse through internet explorer I can see the site and enter through Admin....
BUT: when I open the site in Dreamweaver CS4 all the files have a lock on them and I see the PHP markers..not the complete page...do I need to delete or alter the Database connection in Dreamweaver to make it work?

i.edwards384429

Me to

Hi

I've spent most of the day trying to get it to work on my local wamp server ans os far I've failed to suceed.

I have CS4 with a wamp installation but I'm getting path errors.

I'll try again tomorrow and post any success

Ian

markymark44

It All Looks Good But.............

That's th freaky thing Ian, I got a perfect install with no errors..it shows up in IE when accessing filename and Admin works as well...but as soon as I open it in CS4 the files are all hidden or locked and the text and pictures are missing...and when I check the Powerstore Database the tables are correct, the paths are correct and it tests fine! What the heck am I doing/or not doing?

Dani Chankhour

If the files are marked as locked, when you open the file in Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver will ask you if you want to make the file writable, and you can just click YES if you plan to update the file.

gkjpease399719

PowerStore Installed - Failed To Launch On Site

I have successfully installed PS to 1&1 with all steps checked. However, when clicking "continue to admin" I then get error

Warning: require_once(../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/20/d316463428/htdocs/MacintoshHD/users/gregpease/downloads/powerstore300/install/7.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/20/d316463428/htdocs/MacintoshHD/users/gregpease/downloads/powerstore300/install/7.php on line 18

So I then just try to open my domain name without any extensions and get "domain just registered" without ability to access administration function.

Need help. Thanks Again!

Dani Chankhour

It looks you are missing your WA_GLOBALS.php file, make sure to upload all files and folder to your server.

gkjpease399719

Ok, I re-downloaded and watched for WA_GLOBALS.php file to be uploaded. It was. Now I can not get back into the install process. Help again is needed Thanks.

i.edwards384429

re install

Hi

in your connections folder is a text file showing the date and time your installed you need to delete that.

I also suspect that you need to wipe the database ir drop all the tables and the views created.

Thats what I did anyway

HTH

Ian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...