close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Authorize.net questions

Thread began 2/12/2010 10:08 am by iggymak198560 | Last modified 2/14/2010 9:35 pm by iggymak198560 | 1100 views | 4 replies |

iggymak198560

Authorize.net questions

Hi,

My client asked me some questions, about how does it know an order was shipped, which of course is on the Update Order admin page, on which I've also fixed the displayed tracking url via a thread from larsentim278054 called "editing PowerStore 2" but not the last bit about the tracking number link.

I couldn't find anything about the following when searching...

The question that remains is ... and it's an important one...

Does Authorize.net charge the person's card immediately upon them hitting submit order, or does it charge the card when the product is shipped?

Billing only when something actually ships is the standard practice as everyone knows.

Might that billing be triggered when the shipped box on Order Update is checked and updated?

I'm not even sure if you guys can answer this or whether it should be asked of them, but this is a big concern of his, so I thought someone here might know.

We're currently in Test Mode with Authorize.net as I found out when I made a purchase to test things out live and got both the mail from the store and the test mail from Authorize. I believe that they must change that setting, as it's set to false in the Globals. Is that true?

Thanks for any insight and guidance!

Iggy

the site is www.preferredpet.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The way that the checkout for Authorize.NET is setup now it will process the payment at the time of the transaction. There is not a simple way to modify this functionality, it is a regular local type of checkout that is implemented.

iggymak198560

oh, man... I hope he's okay with that...

Andre.M

you could have him edit the velocity filter on his account and have the
"Allow _______ per day" set to 0, then have the filter action set to "Authorize and hold for review"
this could technically work, making all transactions on hold ( max of 72 hours)

double check with authorize.net

iggymak198560

Thank you, Andre,

That sounds good, and I'll surely run that by him and see how it goes... Don't know with the 72 hour max, though, as he's worried about out of stock situations where he can't get the stuff in a timely manner.

We shall see. Maybe Authorize can help with it...

Thank you again for your help!

Iggy

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...