close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Date range search form and result page

Thread began 2/10/2010 12:41 pm by dranick258660 | Last modified 2/18/2010 2:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 1827 views | 5 replies |

dranick258660

Hi There,

I've successfully used DataAssist to create a search page, but no need to know what to configure through the wizard to allow for a form to be created for a date range query. All I need is a form that allows the user to enter to dates and for the result page to only return that range. Not something I have any knowledge of, that's why I bought DA.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You will first need to have a database with a timestamp type of column. Once this is in place you can run the wizard to generate the set of pages. When in the wizard just make sure to display the fields that you need to be in place on the search page, don't worry about setting up the search parameters yet. Once the wizard is complete go to the search page and ensure that there are two form fields for entering the dates, if there is only one you can just copy it but make sure to update the name.

You can then go to the results page and edit the DataAssist Search server behavior. In here you will want to add two new criteria. For the first one you will select the date column, for the column type choose date, then select 'greater or equal to' for the comparison. Under the filter select value for the type, then for the value use the lightning bolt icon to select your form field where the first date will be entered.

The second criteria will be almost identical except for the comparison you will choose 'less than equal to' and for the value select the text field where the second date will be entered.

When you do this you can search the table based on a date range. You will need to enter the date in the same format you see it in your db. If you would like to update the format the user can enter the date let us know.

dranick258660

Thanks so much for your reply Eric.
I create the from variables and name them S_Date and E_Date and then create the server bahaviors as instructed. When I click on the lighting bolt to select the star and end form variables, I dont see my fields in there in order to select. Would appreciate any help Eric.
Thanks very much
Nick

Eric Mittman

Make sure that you have the search page with the form fields save to the site, then open up the results page and go to Bindings > Form Data. From here select the search page, it should import the form bindings to your results page.

Now when you configure the DataAssist Search server behavior and use the lightning bolt you will be able to select the form elements from your search form.

dranick258660

Success!!

Thanks for all your help, all is up and running.

Eric Mittman

That is good news, let us know if you have any further questions or if you run into any problems.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...