close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Rules Manager & Page Access

Thread began 5/05/2011 6:33 pm by Lon Winters | Last modified 5/06/2011 10:38 am by Lon Winters | 2588 views | 7 replies

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Well, I jinxed myself. I am having trouble with a group rule. Here's the story.

I have two Access levels in the database, 1 and 2. 1 is for regular users logged in, 2 is for Admins. I created a rule for each: Agent allow access if equals 1. Admin allow access if equals 2. I have two test users in the database, one for each level.

I applied the first rule to the page, allow if rule passes. Tested with that user account, works. Tested with a direct link to the page without logging in, works, redirect to correct login page.

I then changed the rule for the second level access, Admin, tested as above, and it works.

Now, I create a group that combines both, and a third rule based on that group. Everything is to allow access, not restrict. I then apply the new, third rule to the page - doesn't work, rule does not pass and page redirects. For either account.

So I'm stumped. This is in ASP, I did the exact same thing on a PHP site and it worked. There are no blank entries anywhere. Either I'm not setting up the group correctly, or there is something wrong with the code being generated in the supporting files. I'll attach the HelperGroupRules file. The page I'm applying the rule to is correct with the proper includes and code to redirect if the rule does not pass.

Attached Files
HelperGroupsRulesVB.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...