close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Powerful Product for Simple Problem

Thread began 3/12/2009 7:27 pm by jgsb2001352074 | Last modified 11/24/2009 10:51 am by jgsb2001352074 | 11280 views | 26 replies

Jon GibsonBeta Tester

Failure Codes

Good afternoon Ray:

I would like to share the steps I have taken with the hope that maybe you see something I missed.

1. I have two pages: donation.php and donation-details.php

2. On donation.php:
a. ID set to 1 and Replace Cart option enabled.
b. Quantity is hidden with default value of 1.
c. Price is visible and updatable via List (not text box).
d. Add to Cart button with GO TO PAGE set to donation-details.php

3. Donation-details.php:
a. Summary of charges with a SUBMIT DONATION button
b. DONATION button set up with Checkout Wizard to generate all pages. When clicked you are taken to Checkout.php (generated by the wizard).

4. On the Checkout.php: all of the credit card fields. The user fills those out and hits the Checkout Button which takes them to Confirm.php (generated by the wizard)

5. Here the summary is redisplayed and users can choose to modify the order or submit (SUBMIT ORDER button).
Here is where the problem occurs: When the SUBMIT ORDER button on Confirm.php is clicked by the user they are automatically taken to checkout_failure.php

I added the behavior to the failure page, but have been unable to generate any error codes. I am not sure how to drag and drop the error codes.

UPDATE (MARCH 18, 2009):
After adding the binding behavior, create a table (2 columns by 6 rows) in checkout_failure.php. Click on the twirly (triangle) to expand the Local Checkout Response (in the Bindings panel). I dragged out the following six responses: Response Code, Subcode, Reason Code, Reason Text, AVS Response Code, and way down at the bottom, Full Response.

Run your cart and the errors will appear.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am using static pages (no DB of any kind)

I contacted authorize.net and the support said that none of my attempts have 'reached' their server.

I do have PASSWORD REQUIRED MODE set to ON.
The following statement is from Authorize.net:
To use Password-Required Mode with a shopping cart, please contact your shopping cart provider and ask them to enable their cart to pass your password or transaction key with every transaction.

QUESTIONS
How do I start generating error codes, as I do not receive a 'string' of text on failure.php? Did I miss something in the above steps?

Thank you!
Jon

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...