close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Another question about Equal Column Lengths and the contentWrapper Background

Thread began 3/02/2011 12:50 am by Lon Winters | Last modified 3/21/2011 7:53 am by Lon Winters | 2736 views | 5 replies

Lon WintersBeta Tester

I couldn't find the exact documentation you were referring to, but there were some documents explaining faux columns. It is easy to simply replace the image in the website files, but I was wondering if the documents also advocate replacing the images as part of the files the go with the preset in order to have the new preset complete.

The method you describe is ingenious in creating faux columns. But it needs a preset design to start with, so since I always start with one of the WA presets, the slice it creates comes from that design. And I do understand your explanation of what occurs when the Equal Columns checkbox is checked, and why it happens.

What I'd like to know is, why then is the contentWrapper background image uneditable from within the wizard? Is it a technical reason or is it to ensure the user doesn't insert an incompatible image and really mess up the design?

What if we did the workaround another way - leaving the checkbox unchecked, inserting the background image, creating the page - then add the necessary code to the page and or stylesheet?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...