close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Problems connecting to the database

Thread began 9/15/2010 10:33 pm by sales189614 | Last modified 9/16/2010 6:40 am by sales189614 | 816 views | 1 replies

sales189614

Problems connecting to the database

I am using DataAssist to create pages to interact with my database.

I have defined the site, created the connection etc in DW. Connecting to the server via FTP in DW works just fine, so connecting to the server is not the problem. When trying to connect to the database, I get the error:

MySQL Error#:1045
Access denied for user: 'admin@host.walstonet.com' (Using password: YES)

I think I know what the problem is. As you can see above, it says it is trying to connect using the user admin@host.walstonet.com. The problem is the site I am connecting to is dryforktack.com, not walstonet.com. I have the correct information in the database connection. There is absolutely no reference to walstonet.com in the site definition or the database connection. walstonet.com is actually the host for this site, but it's not the site I am connecting to.

So my question is, is DW doing something, or is there something happening on the server that is trying to connect to the host domain instead of the domain I'm trying to connect to? I think it is the latter, but I am wondering if that is correct, does anyone know what to do to fix it on the server. If I just take this same question to the host, I guarantee they're not going to know how to fix it. I really need someone who knows what this is to tell me what it is so I can go to the host and say this is the problem, and this is what needs to be done to fix it.

So if anyone has any idea how to resolve this issue, I would really appreciate the help.

Since I don't know how to make pages to interact with the database not using DataAssist, so finishing the site is dependent of getting this working.

Thanks so much for reading!!!!!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...