close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

location of XHTML and CSS store files?

Thread began 7/11/2010 11:48 pm by rasputin307444 | Last modified 7/20/2010 12:35 am by rasputin307444 | 1351 views | 4 replies

rasputin307444

thanks, but...

Where is the documentation which describes what each module does, what each variable does, etc.?
This is basic software engineering to supply that information.
It is in IEEE, ISO, CMM, and all best practices documentation.
If I can see how the core modules interact then I can understand where I will have to focus for my method.

For a single store this should be available. Where is it?!
If I am being told that I have to draw my own data flow and walk through all of your code to find out the I/O and interactions, I will be very disappointed.
"Software" should all have internal documentation as well as a User's Guide (covering install, configuration, and interflow) and usually also a User's Manual (for descriptions of modules' variables, module interactions, and parameters/IO).
If it does not, then it shouldn't really be called software.

It's like calling something a car that has no steering wheel; without full documentation at the code level, it is not yet really a "product", as "how to use it" is as much a vital and integrated part of it as installation, invocation, input and output.

Adobe's doc is impeccable.

The doc that goes to a user should expand upon what's in the Functional and Design Specifications documents. Good software has trace/debug tools built-in that can be enabled/disabled for users.

Marketing should NEVER be in charge of writing documentation. Good doc is sent out to existing users to see if it helps, and they should be asked what is missing.

I wanted a working product, and it is NOT if doc on how to customize it has to be written by me.

Make sense?

I have bought PowerStore 2 and 3, subscriptions, and Super Suite and see no end in sight... and I am a senior software engineer (Intel, Tektronix, Mentor Graphics, etc.). As a SWQA person, I wouldn't have let this go out the door!

Of course, if I find that this is all available, in some hidden spot, or that I can be compensated for creating the missing doc then I will be more understanding.

This is a sound critique and is not meant to personally attack anyone. maybe the personnel are overtasked. It's all invisible to me. I would work with someone there to create the missing doc if approached. It would solve my problem and would be kind of fun, but I would need some starting point and a guiding hand. Interested?

best wishes,
Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...