close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Newbie help needed

Thread began 7/13/2010 1:06 pm by FPeter297870 | Last modified 7/15/2010 7:56 am by FPeter297870 | 2493 views | 10 replies

FPeter297870

Hi Jimmy Wu & elewis93815

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Some of the tutorials in Web Assist pdf's are outdated, this may be alright for some who have a bit of knowledge about these things but for a newbie its just a massive road block.
One has MySql Query database or something similar but I don't see this on the MySql site.

I will try to provide a bit more information on my problem.

I have been asked to create a website for a small property company, I have a page design that I want to use, I need to have a property search on the page which would include something like minimum number of bedrooms, maximum number of bedrooms, minimum price range, maximum price range, property type & postcode etc.

When the results are returned the results page returns the correct properties with photos, description, price and a link to a dedicated page for a lager or more photos, longer description etc.

I also want the database to be updated by the company themselves, if possible.

I would also like to be able to check the site works on my own PC before uploading to the clients server.

I have Dreamweaver CS4, XAMPP installed and just downloaded mysql workbench, on XAMPP I have Apache & MySql running.

When I open my page with Dreamweaver and start Data Assist Wizard I see Step 1-10.

Database

Server Model is PHP
Connection - Property
Table - greyed out
Key Column - greyed out

Template

Name - Template
Editable Region - EditRegion2 - I don't see an EditRegion2 on the page

Pages

All greyed out

This is af far as I have got, propably need to create a table but how do you do that?

Hope this sheds some more light on this and you are able to point me in the right direction.

Peter

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...