close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

2 Problems: IE8 XHTML Trans 1 error, and Template Error

Thread began 6/23/2010 1:51 am by cldsk369146 | Last modified 6/23/2010 1:49 pm by cldsk369146 | 1090 views | 3 replies

cldsk369146

2 Problems: IE8 XHTML Trans 1 error, and Template Error

Hello, I am running into two problems with Menu Writer in trying to recreate a site making a template (will be applying PowerCMS to it) and using the CSS Menu Writer.

Site: home.php

#1: I discovered through the forums that I needed to make the DocType XHTML Transitional 1 for it to work on IE8 with the CSS Menus, when I did this though, it created a huge gap in my template and my header image (About Us) was shoved over (see links: home)...without this setting (see link: about us) the gaps are not there...in firefox I don't have that problem at all...being new to coding, is this something wrong with the Menu Writer, the Doctype, or the TEmplate? Help on this would be TRULY Apprecaited!

#2: When I inserted the menu into the template, it automatically inserted it with a source link to my local machine, therefore it wasn't working on the live sites. When I deleted the ".../" in front of the "CSSMenuWriter/cssmw3/menu.php") code and other codes, it worked on the live site, but the menu now does not appear in my template and so I cannot edit the menu. How do I get it to come back on the template, yet work on the pages created with the template? I am using Dreamweaver cs4. Any help is truly appreciated as I am a newbie and really falling in love with the Webassist products!

UPLOADED FILES: Seeing a previous post with no resolution yet, I have uploaded my template file and my Menu Writer File. I have checked to make sure that Invisible Elements in the Scripts and in the Visual Aids is checked.

Attached Files
CSSMenuWriter.zip
template.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...