close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Category setup help

Thread began 4/01/2010 8:48 am by julie383376 | Last modified 4/01/2010 5:46 pm by julie383376 | 1064 views | 1 replies

julie383376

Category setup help

I'm feeling completely dumb and overwhelmed right now... Can someone tell me the best way to categorize my products using this information? I've started on this twice, but I keep confusing myself as to the best way to handle these.

My customer makes t-shirts using original designs. Eventually there will be other products using these same designs, such as bags, wall art, calendars, etc.

So I assume my first Category is T-Shirts, and I can add other main categories as they start producing those products.

They have multiple t-shirt lines such as Purely Patriotic, Jus' Groovin Retro, Trinity, Skull & Crossbones, etc., with each line having multiple designs.

So I guess I make a subcategory for each of the lines.

But here's where I bog down... They offer the following for each design, with each option I've listed having a different price:
- Adult Short-Sleeve S, M, L, XL (i.e., price 1)
- Adult Short-Sleeve 2X (price 2)
- Adult Short-Sleeve 3X (price 3)
- Adult Long-Sleeve S, M, L, XL (price 4)
- Adult Long-Sleeve 2X (price 5)
- Adult Long-Sleeve 3X (price 6)
- Youth Short-Sleeve XS, S, M, L, XL (price 7)
- Youth Long-Sleeve XS, S, M, L, XL (price 8)

So should I do two advanced options, one for Adult and one for Youth (or one for short-sleeve, one for long sleeve)? Or should I make four advanced options: Adult Short Sleeve, Adult Long Sleeve, Youth Short Sleeve, Youth Long Sleeve. Will conditional options come into play here?

It's funny... I have been able to get my site set up both locally and remotely (I do the server administration myself), but getting products in the catalog has me intimidated!

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

~Fergie

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...