close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Update Record Form Blank - After Data Assist / CSS Form Builder / Re-Binding

Thread began 3/18/2010 2:42 pm by dlovas275157 | Last modified 3/29/2010 6:24 pm by dlovas275157 | 2799 views | 8 replies

dlovas275157

Update Record Form Blank - After Data Assist / CSS Form Builder / Re-Binding

My update.php form does not work correctly.

When I select a record to update on my results.php page, it is supposed to pass the url var to the update.php page and allow me to update the record. However, it does not appear to pass the url var properly as the update.php form is empty/blank when it comes up. Or the update page is not reading the passed url variable properly.

I followed these steps in creating my update form:
1. Created form with DataAssist Wizard (form works at this point!)
2. Applied CSS Form Builder to the update form
3. Re-Binded the Update Record Server Behavior to the values generated by the CSS From Builder

Could someone please advise me where I am going wrong. I do not have this issue with my insert pages, only my update pages.

Attached is my update.php form

Thanks for any help.

D.

--Update--

It appears that the "update link" on the results page is passing the url var properly to the update page, it is just NOT binding properly on the update page.

Is there a trick to re-binding the update form to the data after running the form through CSS Form Builder? I do not have this problem with any "insert forms". On my insert form, I re-bind after CSS Form Builder and they work fine.

Attached Files
hb_inventory_Update.php.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...