close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Charts by Date

Thread began 3/10/2010 12:29 pm by crystald_rouse402753 | Last modified 3/18/2010 4:04 pm by crystald_rouse402753 | 3083 views | 10 replies

crystald_rouse402753

Charting by Date

Hello!

Thanks for the help. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I have a View in my SQL Database that contains the data for the chart. I can sort the data by Date. I can use the wizard to create the Recordset and have done that. I have created other charts using your product (Pie Charts) with success.

I have had success charting the data using Excel but really need to make this work using your product so that I can have the charts be dynamic for our Managers accessing the charts on our company intranet. I can do this using Excel but it is cumbersome to post to a website and the data is not dynamic for users offsite not on our network.

It doesn't appear that I can create Bar charts where the bars are horizontal, that is not a problem. I can just reverse the data for the axis. Using vertical bars, I would need the Date field to be the y axis (grouped by Week, etc) and the Task (varchar) field to be the x axis showing across the bottom of the chart. The bars would show vertically when the funding for the Task runs out. Then I'm hoping I can create a similiar chart showing vertically the Tasks across the bottom showing when the Tasks Expire. I will then try to combine the 2 charts (using your directions) to have an effect like the one I create in Excel. The chart shows the Tasks and vertically would show the difference between when their hours funded will run out compared to when the Tasks expire.

Again, thanks for the help! I use several webassist products.

Crystal

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...