close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Would this scenario work?

Thread began 2/18/2010 9:34 am by John Langer | Last modified 2/20/2010 12:27 am by John Langer | 2645 views | 8 replies

John LangerBeta Tester

Originally Said By: neilo
  Hi John,

I think the answer depends on whether you'd rather spend several hours grappling with CSS, or several hours grappling with PHP.

My brain architecture is incompatible PHP, so I wouldn't want to mess with that, but I can tell when something looks good and so would do the CSS thing.  

I'm not really good with either, that's why I use extensions. The front end, as far as I can tell is jut DataAssist plus CSS (plus eCart of course). I already have a design for the front end. It just seems a good solution for the backend. Saves having to build that.

I do think that there needs to be PayPal standard built in to the next release of PowerStore. For the monthly cost of PayPal pro, see what you can get for a similar amount here (including PayPal Standard and a choice of 300 design themes) . Of course the downside to that is that you don't own the product, but I don't imagine a client would care too much who he paid the monthly fee to, and the ongoing responsibility wouldn't be yours.  

This particular client has already agreed a price. The rest of the site is built and now all that remains is the store. So an additional monthly fee will not do in this case. I agree about PayPal Standard for the next addition or even another (separate) edition that concentrates on remote checkouts.

I understand that WA will be adding templates to PowerStore at some point which will add considerable value to the package.

You need to hear from a WA person about your original post and queries.  

Yeah, more templates would be good but I generally do custom designs and you can spend a lot of time adapting a template when, from scratch, can be quicker. They're OK if all your doing is changing a logo or something.

Yes, to hear from WA would be nice!! (hint)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...