close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

DataAssist Search tools

Thread began 1/29/2010 5:36 am by vanroojdotcom | Last modified 2/03/2010 10:19 am by vanroojdotcom | 1300 views | 4 replies

vanroojdotcom

DataAssist Search tools

Hi there -

I've got DataAssist 2 already downloaded and I've had a lot of good experiences using Web Assist products. However, as a web designer always looking for new and innovative ideas I have recently seen some search "code" that is leaps ahead and something I want to implement in my next design.

The way I remember, searching on DataAssist completely removes previous search parameters - as in if you use a drop down menu the menu resets itself to "Select X" and gives you no real clue as to your search criteria. Is this still correct?

The search forms that are really impressing me are ones that use "text" and not menus that can be removed instantly to reset the search results. So for instance like this:-

--------------------------------

JOB LOCATION
United Kingdom [REMOVE]
Europe [REMOVE]

ADD MORE LOCATIONS
Clicking on the above link allows other locations to be selected (either by going to another page or by a pop up box - lightbox? or by a revealing sliding panel) - but the main point is the actual select parameters are visible and removable by the user.

--------------------------------

As you can see the above example it is obvious that this is a much smarter, cleaner and may I say, more fun to use that the drop down menu that resets itself on the WebAssist Search.

I've added a screenshot of the Guardian Newspaper's job section - see how all the parameters are in the grey 'Expand' box and can be removed instantly that updates the search results on the same page.

Anyway anybody know if there's the option of this, it is coming in a new upgrade etc etc.

Many thanks
Vanrooj

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...