close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Authentication problem Windows asp

Thread began 1/15/2010 10:20 am by webassist398500 | Last modified 1/15/2010 4:59 pm by webassist398500 | 7085 views | 6 replies

webassist398500

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  When you are editing the page ion Dreamweaver, go to the server behaviors panel, Window -> Server Behaviors, and double click the Universal Email server behavior to edit it. The first step of the Universal Email Wizard allows you to set the Email Object, on this step, you also set the Username and Password for connecting to the SMTP server.  

Thank you Jason again.

Sorry, if I am still misunderstanding some things here.

I can see the Server Behaviors panel in Dreamweaver, but I am unclear what you mean when you say about the page I am editing. Do you mean the AspEmail_VB.asp or another page?

When I have the AspEmail_VB.asp page open in Dreamweaver and then open the Server Behaviors panel it has plus and minus buttons with text alongside that says: Document type: ASP VBScript and then underneath a series of four instructions following "To use dynamic data on this page.

I cannot see any reference to a Universal Email server behavior. I presume therefore that I am not editing the right page. Where can I find the page I should be editing or do I need to do something else?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...