close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Authentication Help

Thread began 12/10/2009 5:33 am by handsm395910 | Last modified 12/10/2009 12:55 pm by handsm395910 | 1233 views | 1 replies

shadow329043

Hi Shawn - I did exactly what you are talking about using theWebAssist Registration Pack. If you have PHP installed correctly on your ASP server and you have access to the database server (on my test site, I used LINUX and MySQL but the process is the same), you should have no problem setting authenication up. If you do not have PHP installed or do not know then you would have to do this in ASP. The quickest way to find out (I assume that you have, at least, FTP access to your server is to create a test PHP page.

Open DW and select PHP page - open the page in codeview and add the following to the top of your PHP page - nothing else, like headers is required -----

<?php
echo phpinfo();
?>

name the page phpinfo and upload to your server

Now open a browser and go to your server's IP address/phpinfo.php - if the page displays, it will display the PHP installation info and if it does not, then you don't have PHP installed, when means that you would have to do your project in ASP. Not knowing which version of server software installed, I can't tell you much but you can use CMS systems like DotNetNuke to do exactly what you are talking about with little programming knowledge. If you have further questions, send me a PM

Shadow

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...